DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

There are better ways. With newer routers and more advanced home networking, there is protection you can set up. Everything from router based VPNs to piehole or using private DNS servers to block ads. And most operating systems that we use at the home user level have protections built-in. Most Internet service providers have protections built-in. That’s why you don’t hear about home users getting hit with ransomware, viruses or really, many viruses at all anymore.

I can give you some updates on the situation with Dish I can tell you that recovery is accelerating day by day. There are more call centers and operation centers that are being opened but not fully yet. There’s a lot of hybrid work going on where people who may have been doing sales prior to February 23 are setting up trouble calls now with rudimentary tools, learning the process, and in some places creating a process.

One of the biggest problems is that from the start all access to the Internet was cut off, and most of it still is. There are facilities that have no Internet access and with no Internet access, you’re dead in the water. I asked on a scale of 0 to 100% how far along the recovery is and the answer I got was about 15 to 20%. But, with that said even at 20% we are working. Customers are setting up work orders. We are doing new connects and trouble calls and we expect to be doing upgrades again here relatively soon.

The other thing is that Dish was not unprotected, it’s just that existing protections are not good enough. This happens on a constant basis. Just yesterday, right? AT&T at a vendor that got hit. Do US marshals, thanks, other businesses, and going forward as they rebuild system still be better protections in place, but this group that did this is that a couple of kids sitting in their moms basement. This is a highly advanced, evolving, terrorist organization. This was Dish Network’s 911.

30 years ago, or so, being a hacker meant having an IP sniffer and launching a DDOS attack. As cyber security involves so do the cyber criminals. We are in dark times. But that’s a whole other story lol.
Norton turned out to be an absolute disaster changing my power settings flagging safe websites not letting me download and so much more! I have uninstalled it completely!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can get into the MyDish website but not the app. This is def a major milestone for Dish and I’m sure all the employees are breathing a big sigh of relief. It should alleviate a lot of the call volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: That American Girl
The Dish website is back up. I can log into my account again just like before.
Not really the same site as mydish.com redirects to my.dish.com while dish.com's My Account tab also goes to my.dish.com which is what's working so mydish.com as a domain name is still down as only dish.com's domain and subdomains are what's working. The actual mydish.com which was what it was before the incident is still not up yet as they are different IP(Internet Protocol) addresses altogether:

Name: mydish.com
Address: 66.170.250.12

Name: my.dish.com
Address: 66.170.250.5

Name: dish.com
Addresses: 2620:158:81:1::4

Maybe its your browser cash remembering the old version?
One way to know is to hit Ctrl + F5 in the browser so it ignores the cache and loads the current version.

Last edited:
I can get into the MyDish website but not the app. This is def a major milestone for Dish and I’m sure all the employees are breathing a big sigh of relief. It should alleviate a lot of the call volume.
Yes because the app is probably hard coded to look for mydish.com while the current website is my.dish.com which is what mydish.com redirects to while links on the main dish.com page points to my.dish.com under Account Management so technically, they are different names as far as the computer is concerned.

1679660548709.png

Last edited:
Norton turned out to be an absolute disaster changing my power settings flagging safe websites not letting me download and so much more! I have uninstalled it completely!
Not just Norton, the problem can be the browser blocking or also other security software as there are lots of false positives and I guess it rather block things so the user can manually review it instead of taking chances. Security software usually will block things not in their whitelist until someone submits whatever is being blocked to them so they can whitelist it.

Last edited:
That did it it's working now...
All you really had to do is hit Ctrl+F5 which will ignore the cached version and reload the site from scratch which will take longer because it's not using the cache. The clearing cache approach is more complicated and should be used as a last resort because either you clear the entire cache for all sites or you have to search for dish.com and then mydish.com individually and delete everything both finds which takes longer.

Last edited: