DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

All seems well except the MyDish app itself. I'm anxiously awaiting Dish to announce any personal data breach especially, banking & any other payment information. I've changed & beefed up login but if payment data is in the wild then, that's pretty useless. Hopefully, with the progress now made we should know soon.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Conquered?
Right? I called Sunday to cancel. They told me to call back to finish it up when things were back up. I called today, chose the option for a call back, and have now been on hold for 30 minutes. All because the number the guy gave me Sunday to “avoid waiting” doesn’t even work. 3 days after I canceled, my auto pay payment still went through. So now they owe me money and I can’t “disconnect” them. This is a joke. Nothing has been conquered.

Reactions: vtsat
I guess we’ll see that’s not true in a couple months when all of our SSNs are sold on the dark web.

No offense, but if you've had an online presence in the past 20 years...it's likely there already.

Everyone should be in the habit of having their credit frozen with the three credit bureaus at all times, unless you're seeking new credit.

I guess we’ll see that’s not true in a couple months when all of our SSNs are sold on the dark web.
If it's the reported ransomware group responsible, that won't happen. They make it a point of not taking any personal information since releasing it would just encourage more victims to refuse to pay up. They've even been known to ask victims that paid up to give them a good review that they do just what they say they will, releasing the systems upon payment with no other damage. We don't know that they accessed any personal data of course.

If it's the reported ransomware group responsible, that won't happen. They make it a point of not taking any personal information since releasing it would just encourage more victims to refuse to pay up. They've even been known to ask victims that paid up give them a good review that they do just what they say they will, releasing the systems upon payment with no other damage.
Interesting and makes a lot of sense.

Kaspersky? Lol.

Rumor is they got in via ESXI and then was able to worm in via all their virtual servers.

Kaspersky wouldn’t stop that. And besides running Russian anti virus on your servers probably isn’t a great idea with all that’s going on right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? I called Sunday to cancel. They told me to call back to finish it up when things were back up. I called today, chose the option for a call back, and have now been on hold for 30 minutes. All because the number the guy gave me Sunday to “avoid waiting” doesn’t even work. 3 days after I canceled, my auto pay payment still went through. So now they owe me money and I can’t “disconnect” them. This is a joke. Nothing has been conquered.
Hung up after being on hold for an hour and ten minutes. Waiting that long after a call back. I’ve spent so much time trying to cancel this crap, I could have driven to Denver and dropped this sh*t off myself.

They’re far from being “back.”