DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

it takes 5 minutes to set up Kodi. And if you don't know how to do it, your "Kodi box" will fail eventually. Kodi builds require constant tweaking to stay working.
Umm Its not me..but I can't really comment on pirating because it should not be discussed...but some people buy things looking to save money but end up getting their home nerwork infected with viruses and such...its just the way scammers work

Reactions: charlesrshell
This morning I was able to log into my.dish.com using Safari on my Iphone.
However when I try to look at my equipment or programming or any other page I get the following error:
Safari can not open the page because to many redirects occurred.

I also tried using the MyDISH app but it comes up with continuous loading.

So Dish is making progress but they are not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MyDISH.com is working for me this morning using safari on my iPad..
This website, “Satelliteguys” does not work using safari any longer. I have to use Chrome. With Safari I get a 503 Forbidden error.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The mydish app is still not up to speed in my Android phone. It opens up ok and then after about a minute or so I get a screen that gives me phone numbers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_093746_MyDISH.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_093746_MyDISH.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20230325_092420_MyDISH.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325_092420_MyDISH.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 71
Why do you keep trying when we keep posting daily they cannot cancel accounts yet?? Why wouldn't you just wait til you see it here and save the time and aggravation of sitting on hold just to be let down?

Kodi is no longer relevant and hasn't been for years
Why do you keep posting everyday?

A number of reasons. One being the monthly inconvenience of something or another. The dispute with Disney started a trend of inconveniencing me. I haven’t had a local affiliate since November. Then all of this. And I’m not one of the “99% of the people who didn’t notice.” I couldn’t get into HBO max. The 4K Joey in my living room that is a piece of junk that doesn’t do anything it was promised to do. Again it’s always something. And I’m at a stage where I no longer want to be tied down to receivers and the fees associated to them. Like I said, a number of reasons. They just keep piling up.
Thanks for sharing your reasoning, drwatson618.

Dude, large corporations, government entities, etc are not using Antivirus. They use mostly server-side encryption and safety protocols.

When I get alerts about logins/passwords being stolen or leaked personal info, I don't even blink anymore. Why?? Nothing I can do about it now anyway.
Not necessarily true. Corporations have IT departments who are responsible for managing corporate workload security, security and vulnerability management and managed security services. And work with 3rd party security companies that provide cloud-delivered protection across endpoints and cloud workloads, identity, and data. However if the company employees use computers running “MS Windows” software, then they would indeed run antivirus software on those machine. (e.g. Windows Defender)

Speaking of locking your credit here's a story you may or may not enjoy.
I managed a retail store for a well known electronics chain for many years (over 30.)
Anyways this customer comes in and wants to make a sizeable purchase and he wants to put it on our own credit card.He didn't have a card so I had him fill out the application which I then called in.Obviously this was a while ago-at some point we transitioned to using our computers.Semi-surprisingly he was declined-I didn't know the customer but my gut (and info on the application) made me think he had good credit.
There was an appeal process but it involved at least this time several phone calls and waiting on hold for a long time.Finally talked to someone who told me"it's because he has a block on his credit reports-we can't see anything".
When I informed the customer he said(with a smirk) "I just wanted to see if the block worked-thanks" and left.
There was a reason the company didn't allow us to keep guns in the store.

Just got through to a Dish Rep. They can now get into your account, but cannot do cancels, or do retention promotion agreements at this time. I was told they’re still doing testing on their system and they’re hoping to have everything up and running by Monday, or Tuesday of next week. For those who had their promotion pricing end during the outage and come to a new agreement (after they’re up and running) will have their accounts credited.

From today's, Wall Street Journal...

Dish Network -- and Its Customers -- Are Still Reeling From Cyberattack

By Will Feuer

About a month after Dish Network Corp. disclosed a cyberattack, the satellite-TV and wireless provider is still working to get all its operations up and running.

Customers said they are still struggling to access certain services such as HBO Max and other third-party streaming services, get into their accounts and reach customer-service call centers. Millions of people are waiting for updates from the company on whether their personal information was compromised in the data breach.

Dish said wait times for customer service are running longer than usual as customers search for answers. The company said it has resolved many of the issues that emerged from the initial incident, which Dish disclosed Feb. 28.

On Thursday evening, the company restored its mydish.com site, where customers can review billing information, request programming changes and make other account adjustments, a spokesman said. Some customers said they were still struggling to get into the site Friday morning.

The company said its wireless Boost Mobile service is back to normal and its Sling TV streaming service is fully working. Dish also said it has been signing up and installing new services for customers for weeks.

"The vast majority of our websites, customer care functions, self-service applications, and payment systems are now operational," the company said.

Some customers said they are still struggling to access services and sitting in hourslong waits with call centers to get the company to answer questions about recent bills. Some said they have been left in the dark about the data breach. Dish has yet to say whether personal data, including billing information, were accessed in the data breach.

Lise Brown of Peoria, Ariz., said she has had various service issues with Dish TV for the past month. She said that she can't access Amazon.com Inc.'s Prime streaming platform, which she has through her Dish TV subscription, and that she has had trouble changing channels on Dish TV. She has tried to call the company, but hasn't gotten through to customer service.

She said she filed a complaint last week with the Federal Communications Commission and plans to end her Dish TV subscription as soon as she is able to get in touch with the company. She doesn't plan to replace Dish with another cable-TV provider. She said she would stick with streaming services.

A Dish spokesman said customers should be able to access third-party services now.

Leesa Gardt of Garrett, Ind., said she canceled the credit card that she had on file with Dish because she is concerned about the data breach. Ms. Gardt said she is frustrated by what she said was a lack of transparency from Dish about the cybersecurity incident. She said she is switching TV providers.

Juvenal Orozco of Herndon, Va., said that his Dish TV service stopped working last week, and that he hasn't been able to get in touch with customer service as Dish call centers struggle to work through a backlog of complaints. Mr. Orozco said call wait times are hours long.

Greg Acquistapace of Auburn, Calif., has been trying to sign up for a new Dish TV account for weeks, he said, but a customer-service representative told him he couldn't be signed up until the cybersecurity incident was resolved.

The fallout from the data breach could weigh on Dish's financial performance in the short term, according to analysts at New Street Research. They estimate that Dish lost about 75,000 potential new pay-TV customers because the hack prevented the addition of new subscribers for nearly a month.

The pay-TV industry is already hurting from cord-cutting as Americans switch to streaming services. In the last three months of 2022, Dish lost 268,000 pay-TV subscribers, leaving it with 9.75 million.

The analysts estimate that the hack could drag down 2023 revenue by $325 million. The average analyst estimate for Dish's 2023 revenue stands at about $16.2 billion, according to FactSet.

Shares of Dish, down about 23% so far this month, fell 1% on Friday and traded at their lowest levels since November 2008, when global markets were rocked by the financial crisis.