DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

Why are you cancelling?
A number of reasons. One being the monthly inconvenience of something or another. The dispute with Disney started a trend of inconveniencing me. I haven’t had a local affiliate since November. Then all of this. And I’m not one of the “99% of the people who didn’t notice.” I couldn’t get into HBO max. The 4K Joey in my living room that is a piece of junk that doesn’t do anything it was promised to do. Again it’s always something. And I’m at a stage where I no longer want to be tied down to receivers and the fees associated to them. Like I said, a number of reasons. They just keep piling up.

Kaspersky? Lol.

Rumor is they got in via ESXI and then was able to worm in via all their virtual servers.

Kaspersky wouldn’t stop that. And besides running Russian anti virus on your servers probably isn’t a great idea with all that’s going on right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's entirely possible they hacked the ID.boostmobile.com server directly. That group really doesn't know what they are doing.

They normally get in thru Qbot worm via Email. Steals credentials. It spreads laterally with very little management needed. They modify qbot so it signature changes and it's polymorphic for each email campaign. Then qbot drops a FTP server to upload. (Block all FTP Protocols). Then they install the ransomware crypter after upload. There ESXI probably wasn't running in lockdown mode if it came in by email. So SSH was active to get in there and install cripter. They move fast like 8-12 hours. All Windows Domains and then the 2 billers that should have been segregated. Backup administrators passwords were also clearly compromised hence the downtime. All windows domains need 2FA. Kaspersky and Checkpoint Harmony Enterprise product (for commercial) are the only 2 I trust. I guess Zonealarm premium is the consumer version, not not really sure. But the Kaspersky free version seems to stop these type bot virus and all the other normal ransomwares.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dustin, your personal info is all over the web.
You got that right.
Today One of the tech experts said "why would the Chinese go to the effort to suck your info from ticktock? He said those with the money can legally buy your info from a number of companies that are sucking it up from the various social sites and a bunch of commercial sites to boot.

Only safe communication is two tin cans connected by a long string.

...And apparently too cheap to pay for good cyber security protection.
This is stupid. Do you REALLY think one of the largest tech/telecommunications companies there is didn't have solid protection?? Do you KNOW how this stuff works?? Banks have been hit. You think a bank has cheap cybersecurity? Or maybe, since they're Cyberterrorists, made up of highly skilled hackers, they may just be figuring out new ways to beat the protection?? Literally the definition of hacking

Literally, Kaspersky Free Edition could have slowed or stopped it.
A regedit on your machine to turn off ISO, IMG Default Action of Mount, would probably have stopped it. We do this for our banks. This is an email attack that tricks the end user.
Checkpoint Harmony is like $10 / Machine, with centralized reporting.
Windows Defender is worthless.
Said no one who actually knows what they're talking about

I guess we’ll see that’s not true in a couple months when all of our SSNs are sold on the dark web.
Trust me, it was already there

Web site works great. All the drama for nothing I bet 99 percent of dish subscribers didn’t even know what was going on. I am glad Charlie didn’t blink and give those scums a single penny.
They didn't. Customers I've dealt with recently never had a clue - until they lost programming or a payment didn't go through and some haven't even had those problems and didn't know anything about it.

Hung up after being on hold for an hour and ten minutes. Waiting that long after a call back. I’ve spent so much time trying to cancel this crap, I could have driven to Denver and dropped this sh*t off myself.

They’re far from being “back.”
Why do you keep trying when we keep posting daily they cannot cancel accounts yet?? Why wouldn't you just wait til you see it here and save the time and aggravation of sitting on hold just to be let down?

it takes 5 minutes to set up Kodi. And if you don't know how to do it, your "Kodi box" will fail eventually. Kodi builds require constant tweaking to stay working.
Kodi is no longer relevant and hasn't been for years

It's entirely possible they hacked the ID.boostmobile.com server directly. That group really doesn't know what they are doing.

They normally get in thru Qbot worm via Email. Steals credentials. It spreads laterally with very little management needed. They modify qbot so it signature changes and it's polymorphic for each email campaign. Then qbot drops a FTP server to upload. (Block all FTP Protocols). Then they install the ransomware crypter after upload. There ESXI probably wasn't running in lockdown mode if it came in by email. So SSH was active to get in there and install cripter. They move fast like 8-12 hours. All Windows Domains and then the 2 billers that should have been segregated. Backup administrators passwords were also clearly compromised hence the downtime. All windows domains need 2FA. Kaspersky and Checkpoint Harmony Enterprise product (for commercial) are the only 2 I trust. I guess Zonealarm premium is the consumer version, not not really sure. But the Kaspersky free version seems to stop these type bot virus and all the other normal ransomwares.
Dude, large corporations, government entities, etc are not using Antivirus. They use mostly server-side encryption and safety protocols.

Exactly our individual information is and has been out for a very long time
When I get alerts about logins/passwords being stolen or leaked personal info, I don't even blink anymore. Why?? Nothing I can do about it now anyway.

Dude, large corporations, government entities, etc are not using Antivirus. They use mostly server-side encryption and safety protocols.

When I get alerts about logins/passwords being stolen or leaked personal info, I don't even blink anymore. Why?? Nothing I can do about it now anyway.
So very true! I dont worry but I do take minor steps that I should have done regardless oof the alert.

Why do you keep trying when we keep posting daily they cannot cancel accounts yet?? Why wouldn't you just wait til you see it here and save the time and aggravation of sitting on hold just to be let down?

Kodi is no longer relevant and hasn't been for years
Well, first of all there has been nothing said for 2-3 days that they still can’t cancel service. So the only way anyone is going to find out is when someone posts that they were successful. Secondly, why can’t the employee who answers the phone or performs the call back tell us that they still can’t cancel accounts instead of just transferring people to sit on hold for additional hours. Thirdly if the number the guy gave me on Sunday to “avoid the wait” to call back to complete the cancellation were an actual number and worked, it wold be much less infuriating.

My credit has been frozen for at least eight years and since I will probably never need another loan, it can remain frozen till I take that long dirt nap.
Where I live, credit score is used to determine insurance rates. Also, any time you sign up for a new service, credit score is checked. I haven't had a loan in over 25 years, but my credit rating has been checked many times during that period.
What’s not out on the web is my banking information and my SSN.
It is a rare bank nowadays which doesn't have online banking, which uses the web to communicate.

If you go to a doctor, most likely they have your SSN and it is probably on a network available to other medical providers and insurance companies. Years ago, insurance companies and Medicare quit using SSN as member numbers, but most medical providers still use it as a means of identification.

This morning I was able to log into my.dish.com using Safari on my Iphone.
However when I try to look at my equipment or programming or any other page I get the following error:
Safari can not open the page because to many redirects occurred.

I also tried using the MyDISH app but it comes up with continuous loading.

So Dish is making progress but they are not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk