Dish having transmission issues?

Would be nice if Dish would update it's site to give official word about spotty service. Don't begrudge Az needing the rain though. Be safe out there. Thanks to Sat Guys users for the unofficial scoop.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks. I went to get Taco Bell, and because of our lack of drainage was driving like a maniac at 15 mph around foot deep puddles. I need a truck.

Would be nice if Dish would update it's site to give official word about spotty service. Don't begrudge Az needing the rain though. Be safe out there. Thanks to Sat Guys users for the unofficial scoop.

And how exactly would you like them to do that? Keep a weather watcher on duty 24/7 on their website?

Not inviting flames here. I just thought that Dish might want to free up their CSR lines to handle other calls rather then weather related ones like this. Just suggesting and not looking for smart a** comments like this.

Lot of grouchy old farts here...don't worry about it.

I agree - something like this, when the up-link is getting slammed & Dish obviously knows a wide range of subscribers are affected, should be on the Dish web site.

Chad...Thanks for the updates. Thought I was going crazy; both 722 & 622 had the problem, so I knew the receivers were OK, but rebooted the 722 and the problem cleared up?? Checked in the bedroom & now the 622 was OK with no reboot...?? Did the same thing a little later...by the time I'd rebooted one of the receivers, apparently the up-link was back.
Glad I checked in here...

Reactions: old corps
Not a problem. If it makes all feel better, most of the clouds seem to have dissipated. Unless we get a freak storm, should be good. Expected minor rains throughout the night and tomorrow, but the uplink should be fine. No longer 100+ degrees finally at least. Haha. Today was our breaking point.

Not a problem. If it makes all feel better, most of the clouds seem to have dissipated. Unless we get a freak storm, should be good. Expected minor rains throughout the night and tomorrow, but the uplink should be fine. No longer 100+ degrees finally at least. Haha. Today was our breaking point.
Yep, mine stabilized about an hour or so. Pays to have a streaming box around for game days - WatchEspn on Roku was handy tonight.

72 has gone out on me twice now just went out for 5 minutes.

its light rains right now. Heavy thunderstorms. Not sure how badly that would affect uplink. Shouldn't be to bad I would think. But strong possibility for another major rain

Good thing the spot beams for 61.5 where my locals are , aren't effected by the uplink outage on 72.7 sat. I at least kept those and my ota signals of course.

Lost signal at around 11:45 or so... it's back now...
Phew... good to know it wasn't just us...

We just had our dish repeaked yesterday, along with a switch-out of our LNB.
Went from 1000.4 dish to a 1000.2 dish since we don't use Sat. 77 (only 72.7 & 61.5).
Thought it help stabilize our signal strength if we didn't have 77 in the mix.
It seemed to... our signal strengths are all up at least 8 points and seem to be within the
min. & avg. thresholds.

Long story, not short, I was scared it was all in vain... :(

Again, Phew...
Thank you for all the infos yous guys :).

Figured there must have been some bad weather at the uplink facility.Recorded the Clemson UNC game, and lost much of the first quarter due to signal loss.Weather as dahenny mentioned was perfect here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts