DISH HD Coverage Sketchy Lately

soccer_mom

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Ohio
Hello out there! My family and I recently got the Hopper and have been loving our whole home DVR and the Prime Time Anytime. I do have one complaint though and have been wondering if any of you out there have been seeing the same thing:

We've had the Hopper and now HD for around 2 months now, and I've been noticing that around the last month or so we've been seeing the "No Need to Call Us...We are fixing the problem for our local feed" blue screen message pop up for our local HD feed channels out of Toledo. (The SD seems to be working properly, but it seems to take 10 steps to get to the SD feed because they don't seem to be there unless you go looking for them.) I haven't had HD long enough from Dish to know if this is a common thing or if this is something new. I would say over the last month we have been seeing this message pop up at least 1-2 times a week during prime time (and may last several hours). This has been a pain because we're a "next-day" watching family and probably don't notice the problem until we don't see that anything has recorded on the DVR and we can't react to it and get our shows from the SD feed instead.

Have any of you been seeing this same problem? Especially if you're getting your local networks from Toledo? Is this a common occurrence or is this something that is temporary (I hope.) We never had problems like this back when we just had SD TV on our old receiver.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

The "No Need to Call Us" message can be caused by signal issues in the home. There are no known issues with Toledo locals at this time. If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I would be happy to make sure this gets taken care of

I will PM you with details to get this fixed, but isn't it kind of stupid to put up a message that says "don't call us" if its an issue at the home?

Perhaps the "No Need To Call Us" means that the receiver senses an alignment or LNB issue and calls that info home. Of course you need to be 'connected' to do that....

What happens is the receiver does not get signal, so it checks to see if it is receiving any signal from that satellite. Since locals are typically on a spotbeam, the receiver will show that it is getting signal from that satellite, and assumes we are having an outage. This then populates the 'no need to call' slate on the screen.

What happens is the receiver does not get signal, so it checks to see if it is receiving any signal from that satellite. Since locals are typically on a spotbeam, the receiver will show that it is getting signal from that satellite, and assumes we are having an outage. This then populates the 'no need to call' slate on the screen.

Now THAT's a good one, Matt! The receiver can't "assume" anything - it does EXACTLY what it's programmed to do. Sounds like a bug in the software to me. BTW, this has happened to our hopper before, also - red button reboot fixed it, but that doesn't help you if you're in the middle of a recording, or PTAT.

Brad

I have someone coming to make sure that we're all tuned in this evening--however I did want to mention one other thing: it seems that the HD is only going out in the evening. For example, I'm watching HD locals just fine right now at 6:30 AM, but right around prime time (of course, the time where I want to make sure we're watching TV) I will get the "Please don't call us" message for local HDs. Is there something atmospheric happening right now that might be causing this as well?? I will post again after I get my dish re-aimed, but just wanted to throw that out there to tell the full story.

EDIT: I tried to red-button reset and did not really help to try and get programming back during primetime. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts