Dish HD Fees?

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello!

Still trying to decide between Dish & DirecTV & I'm confused about E*'s fees. I thought I read something about no HD add on fee if you subacribe to locals and the HD platinum pack but it's all just really confusing. I guess that the DVR advantage pack includes locals free or something. Anyway, if anyone could help me understand how the fees work, that would be great. Looking at getting at least 1 hd dvr, prob 2 of them and an additional sd tv hooked onto one of them. Are all the 722's now the 722K & do I have to pay extra for the ota tuner?

Many thanks in advance!

All the best,
Rae

There are two tracks, an HD-only track called Turbo and the Classic track with HD add-on. If you get a Classic pack, it includes all the SD channels designated for that pack. For a $10 fee, the HD add-on fee, you get the HD channel if one exists for every SD channel in the package. This is identical to D*'s packaging. For the all-HD Turbo packages, you get all the HD channels designated for the package as well as SD channels for some of them along with the public interest channels and shopping channels. The DVR Advantage program costs $10 and includes locals (both SD and HD) and a DVR fee. Normally, locals cost $5 and the DVR fee is $5.98. Therefore the DDA plan saves you 98 cents. The Platinum HD package is a $10 separate premium package of several channels not included in any of the Classic or Turbo packages. The 722k is the newest version of the 722 that includes 2 OTA and 2 sat tuners, all of which can be recorded from simultaneously. The 722 only has one OTA tuner and two sat tuners. The OTA module for the 722 is built-in but is an additional cost for the 722k. New subs may be provided the 722k OTA tuner if you ask for it when you sign up.

For the Turbo packs, the total will be the package price plus $5 for locals and $5 for a DVR fee.

For the Classic packages, the total will be the cost of the package plus $10 for HD plus $5 for locals and $ for the DVR fee.

The lease cost of the first receiver is included in the package price (for either Classic or Turbo). Additional receivers cost either $7 per month (HD) or $5 per month (SD). So add another $7 for your second receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)