DISH HD install questions

It's not a big deal mack. I'm fine with it all. However, I guess I need to tell everyone that I actually found a way to get an view of the Eastern sats. I had totally forgotten about one area. The cable run will be a little difficult, but it can be done. I read this forum link a few minutes ago http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/320010-Eastern-Arc-vs-Western-Arc . I didn't know that 77 is going away. If so, can they just use my DISH 500 (not +) with a new lnb?
The dish 500 could be used but it is designed for a narrower spacing of 9 degrees rather than the 10+
degrees on the 1000.2EA dish. DISH will use the correct dish but self installers have made the dish 500 work.

Thanks boba. I kinda figured that after reading more, but your confirmation helps. I would rather have the larger dish anyway. I take it the 1000.4EA dish is being phased out. I thought they needed it larger than a 1000.2 for EA, but I guess it is unnecessary if they are not going to use 77. I'm just glad I have a space not too far from the house and I can locate the dish where it will also see 77 if it is needed in the future. Because of the cable run, I've got to get it where it won't need to be moved. The ~46° angle is great.

What a DB thing to say to someone, people come here to learn, not be blasted by the few people who ''think'' they are running sh*t around here.

If you don't like someone's questions, just don't reply. simple really, except for those who just can't help being a di*k.

Well dude, this is but one reason why a couple of us, who did not blast, did not suggest no questions be asked, but made a statement about changes in the future said what we did. Experience tells us a moments notice things change.....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/320010-Eastern-Arc-vs-Western-Arc/page2

In particular;
Figures. DISH looks like it is finally getting all the locals to 61.5 and they add new ones to 77sat. You can never know when it comes to DISH whether a discontinued dish stays discontinued or not. THey have so many different configurations to go with.

Dish does change things at will. I am 90 miles east of you in Johnson City and we are pure western arc. Are you working directly with Dish or with a local retailer? A local retailer will be able to offer a more customized solution for you.

Thanks boba. I kinda figured that after reading more, but your confirmation helps. I would rather have the larger dish anyway. I take it the 1000.4EA dish is being phased out. I thought they needed it larger than a 1000.2 for EA, but I guess it is unnecessary if they are not going to use 77. I'm just glad I have a space not too far from the house and I can locate the dish where it will also see 77 if it is needed in the future. Because of the cable run, I've got to get it where it won't need to be moved. The ~46° angle is great.
Things do change quickly with Dish. My 1000.4 was replaced with a different dish with only two LNB's after being "off" for just over three months. The installer did say the 1000.4 was going bye, bye. I am on the EA.
RT

Dish does change things at will. I am 90 miles east of you in Johnson City and we are pure western arc. Are you working directly with Dish or with a local retailer? A local retailer will be able to offer a more customized solution for you.

I've done it through DISH since I got it. My setup will be easy. 1 Hopper and 1 Joey and that's it. Easy. Thanks to everyone's help, I know what type of dish I would get now, but know it can change. However, since I know about what is current now, I will understand much better why things have changed if they do between now and the time of my install. I formerly worked for an ILEC in dsl technical support including assisting installers and working with the dsl provisioning side of the telco. I was then and am now quite aware that things do change...sometimes very quickly. However, I also know that if I am educated about something, I have a better chance of making proper choices even when change comes.

Finally, I will ask for an installer to come by and check to make sure I have found the correct place to put the pole for the satellite. I am confident I got it right, but I do not want to prep the wrong area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)