Dish HD owns Time Warner

blueaurora

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
Shreveport, La
Dish HD owns TimeWarner and I am heartbroken! I got it installed today and had them both up to compare. As poor as Dish does HD. They do it better than quite a few. I guess I will have to put up with them after all. I wanted them to be better but... freezing pixelating and just a soft picture mares it.

Dish get your voom aquisition in order! Let us know what is going on. Give us hope!

blueaurora said:
Dish HD owns TimeWarner and I am heartbroken! I got it installed today and had them both up to compare. As poor as Dish does HD. They do it better than quite a few. I guess I will have to put up with them after all. I wanted them to be better but... freezing pixelating and just a soft picture mares it.

Dish get your voom aquisition in order! Let us know what is going on. Give us hope!

Where are you located?

i have to disagree. when i lived in the minneapolis area time warner had better HD content than dish currently has. first all, all my locals were there without having an antenna (useful if you are an apartment dweller), as well as HDNet, HDNet Movies, InHD, InHD2, fox sports HD, espn HD, showtime HD, HBO HD, TNT HD, Discovery HD and HD PPV. i know dish has most of these but the locals and InHD's are what made it awesome for me.

Ah... yeah.. Scratch all that. I saw it on my lunch break and the moron installer left it on an Svideo input and my wife didn't catch it. I am on component and well it is reeeaaaally nice. But not much else compares. ON demand programing freezes and pixelates speraticly. All in all much crisper on the HD front. Not near the compression. Standard Sd doesn't stack up. They have too many channels on the analog side. Most of them my favorites. It looks nice in its own way sharper but lots of noise in the picture and not quite as washed out as dish's are but those analog channels, AH! Dear God when can we move everyone on with the digital age already!

Well, I see you have a Toshiba CRT projection, what cables are you using? The ones that come are crap! Does that CRT have DVI by chance? If you want a better picture take a look at the Hitachi VS810 series or the HLP5X85w series by samsung.

I would wait till june new models coming unless your on a budget, then buy within the next 60 days.

Believe it or not I am quite satisfied with my Toshiba. I love the unit. Unfortunatly it doesn't have a DVI input but I do have a high quality component cable set and DVI doesn't justify a new tv :D Some of my HD OTA and sometimes HDNET would look astonishing.

Chech your input to ensure that the output on the 811 and the input on your tv matches, if your tv is running at 1080P and the output on the 811 is 720i then you will have many pixelation problems, TV trying to spread the out, that should solve most pixelation problems as long as your signal is good/excellent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts