Strange dvr time remaining, thoughts?? (v365)

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
Say, have seen this a few times recently... The long gibberish remaining time... Sometimes the show won't play, just black screen, hit info and it was the last live show I was viewing..
Thoughts if I should swap my h3 out, or what it might be?? Software version 365. Here is one example.. Yesterday was watching the recording, about 1.5hrs behind live... Paused at one point and it started playing on its own, did that a couple of times, then skip back said limit reached... Was strange for sure..
I could try unplugging the usb antenna deal, not sure if it would help... Have had it connected for years and years..

Attachments

• 20231029_171412.jpg
    20231029_171412.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20231029_183619.jpg
    20231029_183619.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Jon J
I have had some display the gibberish, and not start playback, just stay on a black screen with incorrect info data, show name same as live I was just watching... I just delete the recording figuring it's borked... Probably happened to 4 or 6 so far, a few were from a Friday a week or 2 ago I think..so that effected playback for sure..
This yesterday wouldn't let me skip backwards, said limit reached.. I was able to ff back and it worked, but I didn't do it much, since I didn't want to loose the recording.. Pause unpausing by itself, then at one point jumped to the end after the race... I had to quickly speed backwards blocking the screen... So that effect playback, but was able to complete viewing...

Thanks for passing it along...
Say, on the recordings that don't work, will they at some point in the future, or they are corrupt and just delete them..
Thanks

Reactions: charlesrshell
Had the world series recording on 540-1 went to play that, black screen, error time remaining, playback didn't start... Tried watching the recording about an hour delayed from live like I have done for the other couple games... Nope, lost the first hour...several runs and about 4 innings
Since we're here, any idea why my 540-1 is a black screen, with sound and overlay info data, guide data, all that stuff works, just black screen...
Seems something went sideways in the last week or couple weeks

When I experienced this bug it was very difficult to escape the black screen claiming the program was 109 hours long though there was no program.
The way to escape it is to use Multiview and then have one of the four thngs tuned into a channel and then choose that window and hit the select button as there is no way out of it without doing multiview.

I channel up or down from the dvr playback black screen... That gets it back to live TV...
That didn't work for me as I even tried changing tuners and directly entering the tuner. Only MultiView worked for me and it seems while non-Multiview would show I was on the channel I selected. Multiview guide in the blacked out window keeps showing it went to the same 9xxxx channel and only Multi-View on another window and then select to make it full screen would fix the black screen issue.

The issue mentioned in the first post, I think I mentioned it with H362 but I no longer have that incorrect remaining time issue with H364. The only issue I have with H364 and not sure about H365 is that on some recordings, hitting skip would go back to the start of the recording while fast forward would work fine. There are a few recordings that seem to only play for 10 minutes or skip/fast forward for the same length and then jump to the end with the Start Over and Delete recording options similar to when you finished watching the entire recording.

Strange, I just hit channel up or down on the black screen, and it gets me back.. One channel away from live before the dvr black screen recording

I'll keep the multiview in mind of it keeps acting up.. But then it syncs and switches to 4k, and the same back to 1080...
Might be my setup is a bit different..

Say I was on 182 for example, started a dvr that went to a black screen. Info on the black screen would show 182 and that show.. I hit the channel down then it goes to 181 and get back to the live screen.. I don't swap inputs, guide, or anything..

Strange, I just hit channel up or down on the black screen, and it gets me back.. One channel away from live before the dvr black screen recording

I'll keep the multiview in mind of it keeps acting up.. But then it syncs and switches to 4k, and the same back to 1080...
Might be my setup is a bit different..

Say I was on 182 for example, started a dvr that went to a black screen. Info on the black screen would show 182 and that show.. I hit the channel down then it goes to 181 and get back to the live screen.. I don't swap inputs, guide, or anything..
It could be the channel you normally watch as I am usually in the 626-xx range and some of them are live streaming. Someone mentioned in another thread a few days of going to channel 198 I believe which is also supposed to fix it. My TV is always on 4K mode as I never see it resync, this is on a LG 3D OLED 4K 2015 model so like you, hitting info would show the correct info, just no video. I've only experienced it 3 times and that's playing like 100 recordings in the past 3 weeks.

When I reported the problem of the OP, it was in post #42 in the following thread which was over a month ago:

well, tried to watch 540-1 world series. had it recording, and tried to watch it delayed. screen black, had overlays, showed end of post game, would not play, no sound, just sat there with a black screen... grrrrr. remaining time showed it was the end of the 3hr game in the full screen info page, it was about 1hr in at max.. so that was wrong.. had a bunch recording, so didn't want to crash the box, gave up on it and let it record.
was smart and also had my local fox network, was watching that and at one point it wouldn't fast forward at like the 5th inning, then jumped back to the start. sigh... gave up on trying to watch it..
this morning, the 4k recording starts with zero issues and works as intended, I was able to FF to the inning I shut it off last night... no clue what's going on

does anyone have any ideas or any tips why I'm fighting the 4k black screen. there is another game tonight, I can try the pregame to see if I can get that working somehow.. not sure if should record and watch delayed, or record and watch live, i can try tuning to the channel, but that usually is black screen with overlays and sound working