DISH HD PPV over the Web

lakebum431 said:
And yes, if I was too lazy to plug in my phone line I would pay the $1 extra. It's a buck I don't care. IF we were talking about a big ticket item I would be a little more upset, but we aren't.

Gosh...the lightning capital of the world - and you want me to plug in my phone lines to stbs.

I don't think so.

If that is really what you are worried about (which I doubt), there are some options there. You can plug it in for the few mins that it takes to send the request and receive the authorization OR you can run your phone line through a surge protector.

you got a satellite coax plugged, in and then plugged into the power. I think the phone connection is the least of your worries in a chain

Hmm, I have 6 receivers, if I want a movie, I just order it on all six, I have not been charged but for the one movie, one time.

I have had equipment taken out by lightning and each time it's came in through the cable tv, into the modem and on to the router. Doesn't mean I wan't to talk on a wired phone during a storm either.

Let Dish know they have a problem, looks like you did, then grab the 25 ft phone cord and plug in the receiver when you want to order for now. I have done that a few times when I didn't have a line near the receiver.

I recently had a major issue with Dish, and had to laugh when they through in the JD powers award, I ask how much it costs to buy that rating, it sure wasn't earned, their customer service is at the bottom of the pits, but so is my cable comapny, Mediacom.

Out of all the large companies I deal with on a personal level, Sprint takes top prize in customer service. They have always treated us 1st class and are very helpful when you call for service.

Maybe Dish should take some lessons. Of course, when I call Sprint, someone that can actually speak English is their to answer my calls.

I can do it from my account
image001

Last edited:
This is just another ridiculous issue, approx the 10th in a row.

Dish is very far from any kind of CSQ award or perhaps by Romanian standards but not by US, that's for sure.

HDTVFanAtic said:
The Island

Even with the beautiful Bitrate I saw off 9427, the errors on Dish HD PPV are HORRIBLE. Somewhere around an error a minute. I figure you would have to get the HD PPV multiple times and spend a day with a frame accurate editor to re-assemble it.

With this in mind, Directv might be getting all my HD PPV business even with HD Lite.

EDIT- Fog alert for last 2 nights - probably not best night for PPV anyway. Island on 110 was stronger signal and error free - most likely the fog.

It's not the fog. I've gotten a couple reports from other MPEG2Repair users that this has been happening ever since the Olympics started. It also affects the HD CBS-W channel on the same transponder. I would not attempt to order anything from this channel or you'll be wasting your money on something filled with glitches and breakups. Stick to 110 for HD-PPV.

BFG said:
you got a satellite coax plugged, in and then plugged into the power. I think the phone connection is the least of your worries in a chain

You clearly have not looked at the probability charts.

Look up the raid info for example. When you add a 2nd raid drive, it does not cut your mtbf the same - or cut it in half - it gives your raid an much higher incremental factor of hours before failure.

The unit is already plugged into 1) AC and 2) The Multswitch. I have made the decision not to plug these into an OTA antenna, Cable or telephone. The odds of MISSING a lightnight hit fall to almost a bullseye on your back (not really - but greatly increased odds) by keeping the all connnected.

And yes, lightning is just one factor in my area - the big deal is I do not care to have 11 different DBS STBs plugged into a telelphone line. That's is just not going to happen. The Dish billing system leaves something to be dersired.

And again, see my notes of charges for E* Center Ice

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)