Dish HD Stand Alone package!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Called back yesterday and asked if I could activate stand alone HD with a owned 211, guess what, this time it was ok.
So depending on the face of the moon and the location in India you call, there are yes and no answers.

The HD Only package DOES NOT include NHL HD. this is a HD Gold/AT180 +HD level channel.

Not certain about NFL HD or NBA HD.

No one knows about National Geographic HD yet.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
The HD Only package DOES NOT include NHL HD. this is a HD Gold/AT180 +HD level channel.

Not certain about NFL HD or NBA HD.

No one knows about National Geographic HD yet.

See ya
Tony

I would think that if, in the HD Only package, you get TNT-HD, you should also get NGC HD. They are both simulcast channels of existing SD nets, so shouldn't they be treated the same?

National Geographic is an AT180 tier channel, where TNT is an AT60 tier channel.

We don't yet know if E* is going to include new HD channels from AT180 exclusive channels into their standard HD package. The first example of this is the NHL HD programming from OLN, and Dish is not including NHL HD into the standard HD package. They are requiring you to be sub'ed to the appropriate SD tier in order to receive the HD programming.

Tom Bombadil said:
National Geographic is an AT180 tier channel, where TNT is an AT60 tier channel.

We don't yet know if E* is going to include new HD channels from AT180 exclusive channels into their standard HD package. The first example of this is the NHL HD programming from OLN, and Dish is not including NHL HD into the standard HD package. They are requiring you to be sub'ed to the appropriate SD tier in order to receive the HD programming.

But if, in the standalone package, TNT-HD is included, that would be an indicator for NGeo. TNT-HD is a simulcast channel, like National Geographic. TNT is included in a base AT package, as National Geographic is. TNT-HD is a 24-hour channel, so is NG-HD. The only difference between the two is the base package level required.

I view OLN's hockey in HD as a slightly different situation. It's not offered in the HD package specifically, but is an added benefit for those who sub to OLN and wish to recieve the hockey games in HD. Also note that no HD package subscription is actually required for OLN's HD hockey, just have an HD receiver and sub to the AT package that has the standard OLN.

hdtvtechno said:
Yes As of June 9th 2006
Dishnetwork no longer carrys the $9.99 HD Stand Alone package

"Customers who currently subscribe to this package as of June 8, 2006, will be grandfathered and permitted to keep their current programming. "

But they do carry a 29.99 stand alone .

DishHD (HD Stand Alone Pack)

I have the 29.99 stand alone pack. It's kind of pointless now though. Seeing as how they won't be adding many (if any at all) to the HD Stand Alone Pack, it wasn't worth it for me to upgrade to the new $29.99 pack.

Plus, I BOUGHT the 622. Seeing as how it misses timers and stutters the video and the mpeg-4 channels are all HD-Lite and new channels are HD-Lite, I should have just stuck with the 6000. The additional HD channels in mpeg-4 aren't worth the price. The instability of the 622 causes me to watch live anyway (gotta make sure I watch the show and can't depend on timers anymore). Plus, the cost of the 622 when I bought was $649. The price already dropped. The HD-Only pack isn't much better than the $9.99 version.

They need to change their slogan to "Better TV for the people who don't care about TV".

NEOSG said:
But they do carry a 29.99 stand alone .

DishHD (HD Stand Alone Pack)

They don't. A while ago I subscribed to the old 9.99 HD pack and 5.00 Voom channels. I wanted to change this to the new HD standalone pack for 29.99 in order to get few missing HD channels which were added to Dish after I subscribed for the above packs.

I called twice few days ago and was told no both times. They say I have to take minimum HD bronze pack to get few missing HD channels.
Currently I pay 9.99 for the old HD pack, 5.00 for Voom, and 6.00 programming
access fee which totals 20.99. I wanted 29.99 HD standalone pack plus I'd have to pay 5.00 fee for my new 622 DVR, and 6.00 dollars for programming access fee, total 40.99. I don't get Dish's bussines strategy: I can continue to pay 20.99 monthly but they won't let me pay 40.99 for few additional HD channels I currently don't have (ESPN2, WorldSport, Treasure, and a couple others Voom channels). How stupid.

Bottom line, HD standalone pack is not an option anymore even for current customers.

Some have gotten the pack, but your conses is pretty valid as most CSRs seem to think it doesn't exist

BFG said:
Some have gotten the pack, but your conses is pretty valid as most CSRs seem to think it doesn't exist

I concur, as the first few CSRs I spoke to didn;t think it existed. i even made sure to choose the support option when calling in hopes of getting an English speaking rep. I even asked them to connect me to a supervisor. Still, no one could find it.

I then called the denver office, and spent awhile on the phone with someone. He too had trouble finding it. I explaned to him that is was listed as an option when I logged into my web account, He evenutally logged into my web account so he could see what I was talking about. Lo and behold, there it was.

It does exist, you just have to keep pressing.

Although, this does NOT get you the HD channels that are/will be only available to some of the higher level Gold/Plat subs. Hopefully/maybe that will change.

So, as ChetK pointed out, it may be worthless for many people.

Last edited:
Yes, supossedly, the DishLationo HD packages, Great Wall Hd, and HD Stand Alone pack that were created on February 1, 2006 have already been discontinued as of June 9, 2006. So actually the HD Stand Alone pack does not exist anymore :( It was short lived...

So only the Dish HD packages that match up with AT packages are still current today and those are the only ones that will get new channels...

BFG said:
Yes, supossedly, the DishLationo HD packages, Great Wall Hd, and HD Stand Alone pack that were created on February 1, 2006 have already been discontinued as of June 9, 2006. So actually the HD Stand Alone pack does not exist anymore :( It was short lived...

So only the Dish HD packages that match up with AT packages are still current today and those are the only ones that will get new channels...

That is exactly what I was told.

As of this evening in a Chat Session launched from Dish Builder, the HD Stand Alone Pack is still available for @29.99. The difficulty as everyone has noted is getting it added to your account since it does not appear as an option on the CSR programming screens.

Good luck,
Red

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)