Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

Never watched them that much before in hd so I don't really miss the hd feeds. I can do without them for every if it means my bill doesn't go up again to the extortion attempts made by Disney/Espn/Abc company.

Has anyone had any luck calling dish and getting any sort of concession for the lack of Disney channels? I have DishHD and so I don't have an option to switch over to the standard feed.

Has anyone had any luck calling dish and getting any sort of concession for the lack of Disney channels? I have DishHD and so I don't have an option to switch over to the standard feed.

Don't understand I have Dish HD too. But still get all the sd channels. What gives? I want all my channels to be in hd too but it's still watchable in sd. In fact while visitng my 19 year old daughter had Disney on all weekend. Lack of hd doesnt' change the story line. It like when kids won't watch an old B&W movie or tv show for it lacks color.

I also don't think Dish or any other provider should be gouged to get something in hd that they've already paid for in sd. Reminds me musicians wanted more oen when their albums came out in stereo besides mono.

Ron

dish america does not supply the SD feeds of these channels. I badgered a CSR until i got $5 off a month for the next two months (and did that in the past to get $5 off a month the first montht hey went missing, too). Hopefully they will be back soon, but I keep telling Dish that this wasn't them deciding to pull the channels, they lost them (not what it says in my contract... "if we screw up we can make you pay the same price") so I tell them I refuse to pay for something they are not providing anymore. Eventually they get tired of me and give me a discount. They tried to offer me 3 free PPV, but I said my netflix more than covers my movie watching time.

dish america does not supply the SD feeds of these channels. I badgered a CSR until i got $5 off a month for the next two months (and did that in the past to get $5 off a month the first montht hey went missing, too). Hopefully they will be back soon, but I keep telling Dish that this wasn't them deciding to pull the channels, they lost them (not what it says in my contract... "if we screw up we can make you pay the same price") so I tell them I refuse to pay for something they are not providing anymore. Eventually they get tired of me and give me a discount. They tried to offer me 3 free PPV, but I said my netflix more than covers my movie watching time.

Kindly please explain to me why one would buy a package with all hd and no sd when not everything is not hd yet? there are plenty of sd channels out there worth watching. hopefully one day they'll go hd but until then sd will have to do. please don't take it the wrong way but i just don't get it.

Ron

Kindly please explain to me why one would buy a package with all hd and no sd when not everything is not hd yet? there are plenty of sd channels out there worth watching. hopefully one day they'll go hd but until then sd will have to do. please don't take it the wrong way but i just don't get it.

Ron

Because the HD Dish America packages are cheaper.
Most major channels are in HD.
One only has HDTVs and dislikes SD.
And I cannot think offhand of a single SD only channel worth watching. Which ones are you thinking of?

Although I don't have a Dish America HD package or Absolute, there are no SD channels I watch. I only have a HD-SD package because there are HD channels in it that are not in the corresponding HD Dish America package.

Because the HD Dish America packages are cheaper.
Most major channels are in HD.
One only has HDTVs and dislikes SD.
And I cannot think offhand of a single SD only channel worth watching. Which ones are you thinking of?

Although I don't have a Dish America HD package or Absolute, there are no SD channels I watch. I only have a HD-SD package because there are HD channels in it that are not in the corresponding HD Dish America package.

I can think of a few that are in sd only as of today. pbs, ifc, and fox movie channel. now these might be in hd on other providers but we're talking about Dish. i like hd better too but watching sd certainly doesn't bother me and is not a criteria for me to decide what to watch. did you stop watching b&w tv shows and movies when everything went all color in 1966? i don't think so. i know i certainly didn't

how much cheaper is it that you do this? it must be a huge savings to do this. i just know personally i wouldn't do it. no offense.

ron

Not the musicians

Don't understand I have Dish HD too. But still get all the sd channels. What gives? I want all my channels to be in hd too but it's still watchable in sd. In fact while visitng my 19 year old daughter had Disney on all weekend. Lack of hd doesnt' change the story line. It like when kids won't watch an old B&W movie or tv show for it lacks color.

I also don't think Dish or any other provider should be gouged to get something in hd that they've already paid for in sd. Reminds me musicians wanted more oen when their albums came out in stereo besides mono.

Ron

It was the record company not the musicians that tried to pull that. Kind of like what Disney is trying to do now. The musicians were paid the same no matter how it was recorded.
Your 19 year old daughter still watches Disney? :eek::D
BTW what the heck is SD? :confused: My eyes have problems seeing stuff like that.

It was the record company not the musicians that tried to pull that. Kind of like what Disney is trying to do now. The musicians were paid the same no matter how it was recorded.
Your 19 year old daughter still watches Disney? :eek::D
BTW what the heck is SD? :confused: My eyes have problems seeing stuff like that.

that's what I said or meant to say the musicans aka recording artists wanted to be paid twice.

Also heard when they made oklahoma Frank sinatra was to have been it.He was let go because he wanted payment twice for it was filmed simultaneously in cinemascope and todd ao.

Ron

I pay $30 a month for Dish America. It "had" all the channels I really needed. It has included sd feeds of most of the HD channels as well (for TV2 receiver). It does not have SD feeds of Disney/ESPN News/ABC Family and the CSR's say no problem we offer those if you upgrade to an SD package (which is CRAP).

I pay $30 a month for Dish America. It "had" all the channels I really needed. It has included sd feeds of most of the HD channels as well (for TV2 receiver). It does not have SD feeds of Disney/ESPN News/ABC Family and the CSR's say no problem we offer those if you upgrade to an SD package (which is CRAP).

I most deifinitely see the need to save money in these bad economic times. But don't see the advantage to buying a package that leaves out alot of good channels only because they are in sd. Your selectin of what you like must be limited if hd is all you want or need.

I forgot to add what channels that are worth it in sd. Well the entire encore package. western,drama, action , etc.

Ron

Ron
I applaude you sir!! I wonder how many kids WON'T watch B&W shows. For us it's the opposite. On TVLAND, I won't watch The Andy Griffith Show if it IS in color. The show went downhill after that.

I most deifinitely see the need to save money in these bad economic times. But don't see the advantage to buying a package that leaves out alot of good channels only because they are in sd. Your selectin of what you like must be limited if hd is all you want or need.

I forgot to add what channels that are worth it in sd. Well the entire encore package. western,drama, action , etc.

Ron

I have $10 a month netflix subscription as well with a Roku HD. With all the DVDs and streaming, we jsut really wanted some sports and the disney channels (i especially like them during the holidays). I admit there are some good SD channels (or other HD channels I am missing) but I don't have the time with two kids and a over full time job for much more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts