Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

KAB is funny

Wow I never post but read every day and have for a long time. Most people on here are very friendly and well informed but people like KAB that are just rude and I'll-informed make these threads not worth reading anymore. Too bad there are people like him in these forums.

I don't see that what KAB says is rude or ill informed. He does a lot of tongue in cheek stuff and maybe the satire doesn't come thru since it is print. If you don't like what he says put him on ignore.

Hey KAB. Thanks for the private message. You were a little more vocal than what you posted back to me here. You just proved my point even more. Not sure what age has to do with anything but I am 38, old enough. Your right that I don't know as much about all this as a lot of people on here, that's why I come to this site to learn!? It's just sad that people like you have to bash other people for their opinions. It's great what Scott and others have done on this site keeping us regulars in the know, minus a few jerks who want to be rude. I have a life, try getting one.

Hey KAB. Thanks for the private message. You were a little more vocal than what you posted back to me here. You just proved my point even more. Not sure what age has to do with anything but I am 38, old enough. Your right that I don't know as much about all this as a lot of people on here, that's why I come to this site to learn!? It's just sad that people like you have to bash other people for their opinions. It's great what Scott and others have done on this site keeping us regulars in the know, minus a few jerks who want to be rude. I have a life, try getting one.
In your response, you could have answered me what is was I said to irk you, which you once again declined to do.

Scott already has stated what he knows. What else can he say?

To me, Dish better start thinking about their subs more or I am off to the dark side soon.

Dark side of the moon is one of my favorite albums.

Scott can you verify that the hold up in the negotiation is not based on rates. It is that Disney wants to increased their late charge penalty. It is a rumor I heard from someone I know who works at Disney is this true?

I have not heard anything other then whats in the media and the court documents I have seen.

I just feel its going to be a long fight as its the first time I can remember that DISH is making retailers remove the HD channels from their advertisements meaning this one might last a long long time.

From my prospective, being price conscious, they are thinking of their subs and I'm glad for it.

I see your point but it also seems to me that similar packages that both D* and E* are costing pretty much the same these days. Especially when you have multiple receivers.

I have been looking closely lately and see not only this, but I would get my RSN's in full time HD and a few more locals (WWOR, WNET and WEDW) in HD as well.

The only things I would loose are the EPIX and Retroplex channels.

I can't understand why Dish just can't get along with anyone anymore. So it seems to me.

I see your point but it also seems to me that similar packages that both D* and E* are costing pretty much the same these days. Especially when you have multiple receivers.

I have been looking closely lately and see not only this, but I would get my RSN's in full time HD and a few more locals (WWOR, WNET and WEDW) in HD as well.

The only things I would loose are the EPIX and Retroplex channels.

I can't understand why Dish just can't get along with anyone anymore. So it seems to me.

All I know is I pay $36/month now, and DirecTV has no pack remotely close.

tomcrown1 said:
Scott can you verify that the hold up in the negotiation is not based on rates. It is that Disney wants to increased their late charge penalty. It is a rumor I heard from someone I know who works at Disney is this true?
I can't verify anything. However, I recall that upon judgment, Dish Network said they'd appeal.

So the $65 million awarded to Disney should be in escrow, and unavailable to Disney until the outcome of the appeal. Meanwhile, technically, there should be "interest" on the interest, as well as any newer payments that are due interest for late payment.

Long story short, Dish Network wanted this to play out in the courts. Disney now appears very happy to oblige. There is the suit in state court in New York which I assume Dish Network has appealed, and there should be another suit in Federal Court in New York (yes, Dish Network is suing Disney again) for violations of the most-favored nation pricing regarding ESPN Classic and ESPNU.

I have not heard anything other then whats in the media and the court documents I have seen.

I just feel its going to be a long fight as its the first time I can remember that DISH is making retailers remove the HD channels from their advertisements meaning this one might last a long long time.

Ugg... I was hoping to have ESPNU in HD by the 1st of Sept or the start of the CFB season.....

Guess its time to get back on chat and raise hell about not having these channels for over a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)