Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

i have said it once and i'll say it again, these channels aren't coming back until ether Dish/Disney settles there lawsuit or the remaining Disney owned channel's contracts with Dish to carry them expires. until then, switch providers for the Disney HD channels.

i have said it once and i'll say it again, these channels aren't coming back until ether Dish/Disney settles there lawsuit or the remaining Disney owned channel's contracts with Dish to carry them expires. until then, switch providers for the Disney HD channels.

Anyone know when these contracts are up for renewal?

I Mad At You Scott Because I Can't Watch Disney In HD And The Only Way I Am Going To See It Is I Have To Go To Direct Because They Have It And Until Then I Will Refuse To Watch It Until These Contracts Are Up For Renewal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Mad At You Scott Because I Can't Watch Disney In HD And The Only Way I Am Going To See It Is I Have To Go To Direct Because They Have It And Until Then I Will Refuse To Watch It Until These Contracts Are Up For Renewal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK fine, you're not all there!!!! :)

And Scott did this how?????? That's called SHOOTING THE MESSENGER.;) I was gonna put as many ? marks as you did ! marks but I thought that Sat Guys would run out of them. That makes as much sense as your statement. :D

If Disney still wants separate $$ for the HD feed & SD feed, why couldn't Dish buy the HD only, crop it, downres it, MPEG2 it and "ta-da" Disney SD. They did this w/ HDNET and a few others when the Fox dispute was happening and filled in FX and a few other missing Fox channels...

tempVAdish said:
If Disney still wants separate $$ for the HD feed & SD feed, why couldn't Dish buy the HD only, crop it, downres it, MPEG2 it and "ta-da" Disney SD. They did this w/ HDNET and a few others when the Fox dispute was happening and filled in FX and a few other missing Fox channels...

$$$$contracts$$$$ that would be why they can't.

OWN HD took Disney HD (East) 9433 number and RFD HD took Disney XD HD 9449 number. I really don't see a solution comming soon or they would have assigned a different 9000 number for the 2 new HD channels. I wish they would resolve it sooner than later.

OWN is a waste of a network. We got that in HD but not The Hub. Yes most of what The Hub shows is not in HD but many of there specials like R.L Stine's are. RFD is also a waste because I have not seen anything in HD on that channel. At least RFD HD does not stretch or zoom their picture.

OWN is a waste of a network. We got that in HD but not The Hub. Yes most of what The Hub shows is not in HD but many of there specials like R.L Stine's are. RFD is also a waste because I have not seen anything in HD on that channel. At least RFD HD does not stretch or zoom their picture.

well, at least you have shared your opinion...I'm sure there are others who would completely disagree with your statements...

I'd like to see a official update on this, it's been almost a year now and no new official news. Also like to see ESPNU in HD by time CFB season rolls around, having to run through another year of it last time sucked!

The court records are all that are official... They are suing and appealing each other. Courts move in slow and mysterious ways, it could be quite a while before we have a resolution.

It's been almost a year and I have yet to hear my kids complain.

I would rather they be in HD, but the kids, who watch the channels don't seem to mind.

Disney might want to take note that their core audience is not the one paying the bills....

I actually have heard my daughter complain about the picture not filling the screen. She doesn't realize it's because it's not in HD but she knows that when we had D* for 3 months her shows filled the screen up and now they are cut off on the top and sides.

I actually have heard my daughter complain about the picture not filling the screen. She doesn't realize it's because it's not in HD but she knows that when we had D* for 3 months her shows filled the screen up and now they are cut off on the top and sides.

I guess the way to get around that is the answer that when the top and sides are black that is the best quality picture to view and once you realize that(maybe show her?) and get used to that at least for me I don't miss it?.;):)

At least I know it is on my TV?.:confused:

i hope this thing between Dish Network and Disney gets fixed Dish are you listening?so we can get these channels
ABC Family,ESPN News,ESPNU,Disney,DisneyXD all in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)