Dish Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suibuliu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi, Guys,
I am a FTA newbie, and I bought this dish along with a KW-21 LNBF (a cheaper one?) and a Kusat 2600a receiver, and I had a hard time pointing the dish to the sat (G3C).

I am living in Calgary, Canada, from Sadoun's calculator, the elevation is 28.8, so I set it to 29 (you can only get that accurate?) and set Skew on my LNBF to 15 clockwise (look when facing the dish).

But I have hard time decide the distance between the "flat head" of the LNBF to the center of the dish. The Winegard site says it is 17.56", but I could not get that close, the closest I can get is 19.5", and from a web site, it says there is an error on Winegard's number, the correct distance is 19.5", what is your experience? or this distance is not that important?

Thanks!
Suibu

Also, the same web site says "the elevation gauge on the mount is 1.5 degrees in error...So to tune a satellite quickly using the dish gauge , subtract 1.5 degrees of the satellite elevation that you want."

What is your experience on this?

Just split and moved this from the review area.

The LNBF should be as far from the dish as possible, then moved/skewed to get the best signal quality you can get.

I have had no issues with the elevation being off, again use the signal quality as your guide!

Status
Please reply by conversation.