Dish Hopper getting 5 bad reviews to 1 good review

harryb49

Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
Central WA
I was considering upgrading to the Hopper and a Joey for my home so I started searching for reviews of the system and found the following:

www.amazon.com/DISH-Network-HOPPER-Whole-System/product-reviews/B007KMFXZ8

For every good review there are 5 bad reviews. This really is making me wary of making the move.

Does anyone else have independent sources so I can get real, unbiased information?

Thanks for the help.

:confused:

The word for the day is: TROLLS.

Some people have axes to grind, others are PAID to post good or bad reviews. Not a good way of earning money, IMHO.

I have a Hopper with Sling system and have had in the past a 922, 722, and a 625. None of them hold a candle to the Hopper. It works great for my families needs.

We have two Hoppers and two joeys. We got the second Hopper because we were going from a 4 tuner system with two receivers and thought three tuners might not be enough. I'm thinking we could get by with one Hopper since PTAT(prime time anytime) records nbc, cbs, fox and abc during prime time. It really helps for scheduling.

I use the sling function quite a bit when away from the house. It has a lot of great features and keeps getting better with updates.

What concerns about the system do you have? Knowing this we may be able to inform you about them and help you make a good buying decision.

Sethwell

troll.jpg

Something is very wrong with this picture...

The Hopper has a 2-star average, while the TiVo Premiere has a 4.5 star average.

The Hopper is far from a perfect box, but it is infinitely more usable than the TiVo Premiere which still has an incomplete interface 3+ years after release.

Amazon doesn't use Troll Spray. And they are a target for trolls, both paid and unpaid. It's up to us to post positive reviews to offset the evil and clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How often do you call the drivers alert number on company vehicles to give good feed back? Probably never. People usually don't go.out of their way to say good things about products or services they enjoy unless asked to. But when people have issues they want to broadcast it to the world.

Nothing is perfect, but to me the Hopper is pretty close as you camaro get for a TV box.

Thanks for the replies. I will cast a wide net and gather opinions from multiple sources before making my decision.

My needs are simple: Record 2 programs while watching a 3rd simultaneously, and to access my dish system in the living room and in my office.

The tech specs are easily met. I am very repulsed by problem plagued equipment and always research to see if
excessive complaints can be found for any equipment I am looking for.

Dishman1978: I have gone out of my way multiple times to express my appreciation to people and companies that I see giving superior service and selling products so I do treat everyone as fair as possible. I would consider anyone contemplating a significant purchase (and 2 year commitment) a fool if they didn't check that their potential purchase was not a plague infested piece of crap.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I will cast a wide net and gather opinions from multiple sources before making my decision.

My needs are simple: Record 2 programs while watching a 3rd simultaneously, and to access my dish system in the living room and in my office.

The tech specs are easily met. I am very repulsed by problem plagued equipment and always research to see if

Dishman1978: I have gone out of my way multiple times to express my appreciation to people and companies that I see giving superior service and selling products so I do treat everyone as fair as possible. I would consider anyone contemplating a significant purchase (and 2 year commitment) a fool if they didn't check that their potential purchase was not a plague infested piece of crap.

Do you currently have Dish?

My example was in general. Not you specific. I have never received a good call on my driving even though I let people merge, drive under the limit and be courteous, but the one time I have to FIND A BATHROOM (if you know what I mean) somebody calls and says I cut them off.

I hope you find all the info you are looking for.

My buddy has a TiVo and while it blew away my 722 at the time, my Hopper blows it out of the water. Plus, he over pays for service, by a lot.

I switched from Dish a couple months ago & now with Direct using their Genie system. And although I find that I love my new Directv system I still miss the Hopper. Hands down it is the best DVR on the market today. I've had to get multiple equipment to replace the features of the Hopper which I had from the very first week it was released. The Hopper was what drew me to Dish & what kept me there for 18 months.

My switching was due to other multiple reasons but the Hopper system truly made the decision difficult. As I said before, Direct's Genie system is not bad but the Hopper is such a superior piece of equipment I think it will take some time before others catch up to it. The Dish service itself is another matter, but if they're for you the Hopper is the last thing you should be concerned about.

You may have done this already, but Scott has a good and impartial view I believe of the Hopper and Hopper with sling under the sticky section

I agree. Went from a 625 receiver to a 622, added a 211 and a 722 to replace the 622. Switched to a Hopper and a Hopper w/sling with 2 Joeys and am very happy with the equipment, functionality and Dish Anywhere.

I would like to see more apps integrated into the Hopper. I would like to see a Dish Anywhere app for Kindle (currently side loaded the android version and it works) and I would like to see timers and external hard drives better integrated to see from either Hopper.

For a techie person this is a great dvr, others get frustrated for lack of understanding.

Another over-thinker. You will drive yourself and us crazy and probably never reach a decision.

The Hopper is so great that the networks are trying to shut it's features down with multiple lawsuits country-wide to kill it's innovation however the judges keep denying them and the Hopper keeps a hoppin'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts