Dish Hopper getting 5 bad reviews to 1 good review

Have any of you Hopper fans gone onto Amazon to write your own reviews? If so, you haven't mentioned it in this thread.

I looked at the site and there were actually very few reviews spread out over a couple of years. Not worth the space they took up.

Great. Then only a few Hopper fans are needed to correct the misinformation.

Looking at the reviews, it's obvious that the negative reviews were posted by tolls from Direct because some of the things they say just aren't true. For instance 1 a person claimed you couldn't jump back and forth between channels without a lot of key presses. Wrong.
I posted a review stating that.
And the OP was a first time poster on the forum. Direct TV Troll?

Here's the link to my review
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A24CJ0TJEM30WZ?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

Last edited:
I haven't posted a review but I did comment on a lot of negative reviews though. The worst part about people who post the bad reviews is that they are not willing to accept any kind of help or admit that whatever problem they have can be fixed. They were getting upset with me because I was trying to help and suggesting they come here. Stubborn people.

I haven't posted a review but I did comment on a lot of negative reviews though. The worst part about people who post the bad reviews is that they are not willing to accept any kind of help or admit that whatever problem they have can be fixed. They were getting upset with me because I was trying to help and suggesting they come here. Stubborn people.

Which tells you that they're trolls

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I agree, but unlike trolls around here where the mods can delete their posts and banish them indefinitely, the Amazon trolls continue to skew results and mislead prospective customers. I do not believe the OP was a troll himself; he did Dish a favor in making us aware of the 5/1 bad/good reviews for a (so I've heard!) great receiver.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Maybe, maybe not. Trust me, I have encountered more than a few people who are remarkably impatient, impolite, and unwilling to listen, and just start screaming that they want someone to come out there and remove all our equipment. Then again, these people are taking the time to post to a website, so...you may be right...they may be mostly trolls. Won't take the time to fix the problem, will take plenty of time to gripe about it online, repeatedly.

I've read enough recently about companies paying individuals, or marketing companies, to go and troll online, and post negative comments about the competitor's product.

I agree, but unlike trolls around here where the mods can delete their posts and banish them indefinitely, the Amazon trolls continue to skew results and mislead prospective customers. I do not believe the OP was a troll himself; he did Dish a favor in making us aware of the 5/1 bad/good reviews for a (so I've heard!) great receiver.

Amazon is a wash with "Trolls". I'm researching new TVs and the negativity in some of the reviews is vile and hateful. Some directed at the products other directed at the manufactures and some directed at other posters who may or may not agree.....or disagree..... Flagging the post does not net much of a return at Amazon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)