DISH Hopper Internet Connector Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We here at SatelliteGuys just got some information on the upcoming DISH Hopper Internet Connector and here it is. :)

attachment.php

Connects all Hopper and Joeys on a Whole Home DVR network to the Internet when a direct router/modem connection to your Hopper is not available. Access and order thousands of online titles, ensure critical receiver data is current, and access your account through your TV.
Compatible Receiver Models: Hopper 2000 and Joey 1.0
Includes a one (1) year warranty from the date of purchase
Item is not refundable
$25.00

Connects all Hopper and Joeys on a Whole Home DVR network to the Internet when a direct router/modem connection to your Hopper is not available.
We encourage you to always connect your receiver to broadband in order to:
Keep critical receiver data current
Access thousands of online titles
Order PPV using your remote control

How It Works
Connect the Hopper Internet Connector to your Internet router/modem using the included Ethernet cable and connect the included coaxial cable wire from the wall to your Hopper Internet Connector.

Allows for Internet Connectivity for all Hoppers and Joeys on a Whole Home DVR network
Utilizes existing coaxial cable wiring in your home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 8,444
So if you can connect a direct ethernet connection to your HOPPER receiver , you don't need this internet connector , right?

So I need one of these since my router is nowhere near where the Hopper will be in my house? My Slinglink Turbo that I use on my 722k will not work with the Hopper?

I assume you'll be able to get it for free at time of install just like all current connectivity devices.

I haven't seen any details released on that yet but Dish has a history of including that kind of equipment in the initial install.

Wonder if we can use the Logitech Revue/Sony Internet TV/Blu-Ray GTV devices to give a Hopper/Joey Internet access, like I can right now with my Revue/vip622?...

When I talked to Dish I was told that if you are able to connect an ethernet cable to the Hopper or any Joey then the whole system will be connected. The HIC will allow you to get the system connected if your router is in a different room. I believe a coax cable will run from the HIC back to where the Node or Tap is.

When I talked to Dish I was told that if you are able to connect an ethernet cable to the Hopper or any Joey then the whole system will be connected. The HIC will allow you to get the system connected if your router is in a different room. I believe a coax cable will run from the HIC back to where the Node or Tap is.

There's a post somewhere from Scott that he was told the Joey eth connector would not be enabled at initial release. Hopefully your source is the more accurate one. We'll know either way soon enough.

I might have missed this somewhere in the big thread, but, does this mean that they don't plan on having wireless support in the Hopper? If so, I guess I'll be buying a bridge, because I don't have and don't intend to run coax to where my router is.

I might have missed this somewhere in the big thread, but, does this mean that they don't plan on having wireless support in the Hopper? If so, I guess I'll be buying a bridge, because I don't have and don't intend to run coax to where my router is.

I have seen that there is a wireless USB adapter for the Hopper.

Well that's good news, but doesn't that mean that there's going to be a rather limited market for the Hopper Internet Connector?

Well the HIC is just for people who have the router in a different location and do not have very good WiFi. Wireless doesn't always cut it. I prefer to have mine connected by wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)