DISH Hopper Internet Connector Info

OK, Riddle me this, Batman! :D

I have internet coming into my home through my home office via the cable jack. There is only one cable jack there (Time Warner is the provider). There is no TV in that room at all. I have very good wireless (super fast, streams outstanding for Netflix and even BB@home). Will they do a HIC or a wireless adapter? If they do a HIC, will another cable need to be run? I don't really understand the tech side of this equation but I'm sure someone here can help.

Also, I have a 722 with the wireless USB adapter. Will that work with the Hopper?

The HIC would require another cable to be run, but the WiFi adapter works as well.

Thanks, Isaac! And does that 722 wireless adapter work with the Hopper?

So darn many Hopper threads I can't keep track. The way they are multiplying they should have called them Rabbits. :p

OK, Riddle me this, Batman! :D

I have internet coming into my home through my home office via the cable jack. There is only one cable jack there (Time Warner is the provider). There is no TV in that room at all. I have very good wireless (super fast, streams outstanding for Netflix and even BB@home). Will they do a HIC or a wireless adapter? If they do a HIC, will another cable need to be run? I don't really understand the tech side of this equation but I'm sure someone here can help.
Also, I have a 722 with the wireless USB adapter. Will that work with the Hopper?
Maybe my situation can help. My office, where my modem is, is Miles away from from our receivers...in an OLD two story with no basement and an plenum between to two floors. Also, the room main "theater" room is in is concrete block behind the walls...No good for wireless. Years ago when I had cable, I ran coax outside the house to my office, but never used it when we went sat. So, running it to the node (already there where they would put it) makes my connection issues...a non issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts