Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
When you turn on your TV and Hopper this morning please be sure to check out the new Olympic TV app that was added overnight.

Select the blue button on the remote control to start the application. An overlay will appear on screen with live TV playing at 70 percent the original size and a reverse-L shape screen that features medal counts, top stories, TV schedule and Team USA news. Expand the app to full screen to see athlete news and stories about London in Destination London.

· Medal Count -- The medal count screen will display up-to-the-minute tallies on the medal count, including Country, number of Gold, Silver, Bronze medals won, along with the total number of medals for each country.

· Top Stories -- This section will display the top news stories from the Olympics and will be continuously updated as stories develop from the games.

· TV Schedule -- The TV Schedule section will display times and channels that the NBC Networks will be showing Olympic coverage on DISH. When the user presses select on an event, the event tile flips to reveal the options to watch or record.

· USA News -- USA News will give up-to-the-minute news on Team USA. This section will be updated as breaking news happens on any event that includes Team USA.

· Athlete News -- The Athlete News section provides news articles about specific athletes.

· Destination London -- The Destination London section features stories about the host city of London.

Throughout the next couple of weeks this app is available to DISH customers on the Hopper and our ViP series receivers. Please let me know if you have any questions as you use this new feature.

You can catch the Olympic coverage on all the NBC stations, including two channels featuring 24/7 coverage of basketball and soccer:
· NBC (check local listing for channel number)
· NBC Sports – ch. 159
· CNBC – ch. 208
· MSNBC – ch. 209
· Bravo – ch. 129
· Telemundo – ch. 835
· Basketball – ch. 147
· Soccer – ch. 148

Attachments

• Olympics-2012_Medal-Count_Hopper.jpg
    Olympics-2012_Medal-Count_Hopper.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 315
not available yet in my hoppers

EDIT: i was WRONG! only accesible from the blue button, not from app tile!

is anyone seeing some sort of lag with the blue button pulling up the app? whole thing seems a bit sluggish even on the main hopper box.

Might try a reboot later tonite.

Only works on the Hoppers.
not true. except for the sluggishness, seemed to work just fine on my joey. In fact, the Joeys now show a standby screen that promotes the new Olympics app.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts