DISH HOPPER SPEC SHEETS

And does it really make any difference? Probably not. But if they had decided to go with USB 3.0 that doesn't mean that they would have left eSATA out... they are not mutually exclusive technologies. It probably had more to do with cost as most controller chipsets have USB 2.0 and eSATA on the same chip. USB 3 has been on it's own separate controller.

Yeah, USB 2.0 and SATA are built into the Broadcom "system on a chip" processor. Definitely not worth adding cost to the box for USB 3.0.

Just a note of clarification for DISH Network Retailers...

I am being told by a number of DISH Network retailers that they are being told that the moderator of the DISH Network Portal is saying that these spec sheets do not contain official information from DISH.

To this I say BS.

At CES Both DISH and Echostar handed out press kits which had USB Memory sticks included with them. (The DISH USB Memory stick was in the shape of the Hopper Mascot logo.)

On these USB Memory sticks which were given to all press and financial gurus by DISH and Echostar were these spec sheets that are posted in this thread.

Since these spec sheets were provided to the press, I would consider them official. No where in these spec sheets does it say this information is beta or not for public consumption.

I am sorry that certain people and departments at DISH have not been told about / trained on what Hopper and Joey is, but I do wish they would start putting up false answers just because they have not been informed yet. We here at SatelliteGuys work hard to provide you with the most accuarate information possible and thus I wanted our members to know EXACTLY where this information came from. Again these are REAL spec sheets directly from DISH and ECHOSTAR.

Thanks for letting me clear that up.

I am being told by a number of DISH Network retailers that they are being told that the moderator of the DISH Network Portal is saying that these spec sheets do not contain official information from DISH.

To this I say BS.

At CES Both DISH and Echostar handed out press kits which had USB Memory sticks included with them. (The DISH USB Memory stick was in the shape of the Hopper Mascot logo.)

On these USB Memory sticks which were given to all press and financial gurus by DISH and Echostar were these spec sheets that are posted in this thread.

Since these spec sheets were provided to the press, I would consider them official. No where in these spec sheets does it say this information is beta or not for public consumption.

I am sorry that certain people and departments at DISH have not been told about / trained on what Hopper and Joey is, but I do wish they would start putting up false answers just because they have not been informed yet. We here at SatelliteGuys work hard to provide you with the most accuarate information possible and thus I wanted our members to know EXACTLY where this information came from. Again these are REAL spec sheets directly from DISH and ECHOSTAR.

wasn't it already indicated that Echostar was actually producing the physical hardware already?

i don't understand what specs could even change at this point if you're producing real hardware.

wasn't it already indicated that Echostar was actually producing the physical hardware already?

i don't understand what specs could even change at this point if you're producing real hardware.

There are features in there as well. Please tell me this isn't deja vu all over again....

Nah I think its standard operating precedure at DISH to deny anything until you are told about it and that you can talk about it.

I commented on it since a number of retailers have contacted me asking "what gives"

Again these are Genuine Spec Sheets from DISH and Echostar.

Hopper/Joey tv2

I've been a long time reader and registered today because I couldn't find my answer about the Hopper Joey. I have more TVs in my house that I do people. Can you have more than 3 Joeys attached to 1 Hopper even though you are limited to 3 sat tuners? Does a Hopper/Joey send the signal back up the coax so that multiple coax TVs watch the same tuner and control that tuner via UHF remotes? I currently have a 722K and a 622 with 2 HD TVs and 5 SD tvs. I realize I can get 2 Joeys and 4(?) Hoppers but that's just extra hardware I will seldom use and I'd still be one TV short. I think I could get by with 1 Joey, 3 Hoppers serving 4 TVs and keeping either the 722k or 622 serving 3.

To this I say BS.

"You wish they would STOP..." not "start". Maybe a quick edit on that one.

EDIT: I posted this in another thread but it doesn't seem to be getting the traffic that this one does:
Can anyone tell me more about the remote? I'd like to still use an aftermarket programmable. My wife is very happy pushing one button to turn everything on and change inputs, etc.

So:
Model 40.0 Universal UHF/IR remote control using proprietary
ZigBee RF4CE profile (provided with every receiver)

I don't like the word "proprietary" in there. Is this just a typical IR/RF receiver or is there some magic with the ZigBee interface that's not going to allow an aftermarket remote to take it's place?

Particularly: For the Joeys, are we, again, stuck with UHF, so we can't use aftermarket receivers there either?

Thanks for any input.

BTW, the Hopper/Joey combo looks AWESOME. Love Dish, and have been WAITING FOREVER for HD in the bedroom without an additional Tuner.

Last edited:

To this I say BS.

You mean stuff like this........... Retail care site.PNG Retailers are always at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to finding out new info.

For a communications company such as dish it makes 1 wonder how do they communicate internally, the pony express or snail mail? I'd say the person who posted this has never rubbed shoulders with the CEO, not that it makes them any less capable of their job. It is just unbelievable that a press release can be made public, but yet 1 or more departments inside the organization will not acknowledge & denounce the authenticity of said docs. It is more than obvious a major revamp/house cleaning is in order for dish to be successful in the long run. Of all people to refrain from who undoubtedly account for many of their new customers it is quite frankly an insult to the already frayed nerves many deal with regularly.

I can understand why they don't want the files on the DISH Retailer portal, however the part I don't agree with is that the files are not DISH approved or endorsed.

THEY GAVE THEM OUT AT THEIR PRESS EVENTS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED.

To me that makes then DISH approved and endorsed.

We all know that until a product is actually released the specs are ALWAYS subject to change. But to say that these documents which DISH and Echostar gave to EVERYONE in attendance are not approved or endorsed is just crazy and speaks to some of the issues DISH still has internally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)