DISH HOPPER SPEC SHEETS

Hmmm. My 722k appears to skip forward/back correctly. It also fast forwards and rewinds correctly. I don't have that "slow guide" thing a bunch of people are talking about either.

Which is part of the frustration. Is it particular mobos? Chipsets? Something else? My general impression is that most of us suffer from the skip back problem, at least.

Yep. Might skip back barely at all, or function "normally" then repeated presses send you WAY back, even to the beginning as stated. Multiple quick skip back presses are almost guaranteed to cause grief. Pauses between each press seems to help, but certainly not eliminate the problem. I'd certainly want to hear this problem fixed before moving to the Hopper.

I see the same crap on my 622. Skip forward works fine, but skip backward is a crap shoot. Sometimes goes back several minutes...

Wait.. You mean if the primetime anytime is recording the 'Big4' on 1 tuner, if you have 2 hoppers you could be recording 9 shows simultaneously (1 hopper recording the big 4 + 2 other channels and the other hopper recording 3 more. 4+2+3=9!)?! And be able to watch any one from anywhere in the house (within 8 days)...

When is it coming out? Where do I sign?

It works like the 922 and I believe you can pair up to 4 remotes per receiver.

4 is good. We keep a remote in each sitting area in the living room and a third for when one is buried in the cushions. Of course with the finder feature we could probably do without the third.

We don't watch locals that much, so if I disable the Prime Time thingy, what does that change as far as how many things can be recorded and watched at the same time with the one Hopper and 3 Joey set up?

One question that I haven't seen is assume a 2-hopper, 2-joey installation.

If you set a recording up from the joey, can you tell it which hopper to record to? Or does it just figure it out. For instance, say I want to set PrimeTime on one Hopper, and then start 4 more recordings from my joey, all to happen in the same time period. What happens?

One question that I haven't seen is assume a 2-hopper, 2-joey installation.

If you set a recording up from the joey, can you tell it which hopper to record to? Or does it just figure it out. For instance, say I want to set PrimeTime on one Hopper, and then start 4 more recordings from my joey, all to happen in the same time period. What happens?

That is a good question for those seeking additional hoppers

Without reading through countless threads and just glancing at the specs sheets, what is the difference between the Joey and the Hopper, besides the specs? Do you need one to use the other? Can you use both by themselves?

So it is like a Slingcatcher? You will not need another DVR or receiver in the other rooms, you will only need to Joey to transfer the signal from the main Hopper to the secondary TV that the Joey is connected to?

If so this would mean that you can use a Hopper by itself but the Joey's need a Hopper for them to function?

So it is like a Slingcatcher? You will not need another DVR or receiver in the other rooms, you will only need to Joey to transfer the signal from the main Hopper to the secondary TV that the Joey is connected to?

If so this would mean that you can use a Hopper by itself but the Joey's need a Hopper for them to function?
Except for slingcatcher, correct. They are wired via coax.

I currently have my 722k connected to a small kitchen TV via coax that displays the same picture as my family room TV connected via HDMI.

Using a Hopper, can I continue to connect to the small TV via coax or will that TV require a Joey?

I currently have my 722k connected to a small kitchen TV via coax that displays the same picture as my family room TV connected via HDMI.

Using a Hopper, can I continue to connect to the small TV via coax or will that TV require a Joey?

It will need a Joey. You might be able to get away with an RF modulator connected to the composite outputs of the hopper, but I that would depend on how things are wired.

So, do the Hopper/Joeys still respond to IR? It would royally suck if one couldn't use a universal remote with them.

Also, does the remote emit IR in addition to BT?

Scott has said universals still work, so IR shouldn't be a problem. The remote still does IR as it still has all the multi-device functionality of the existing remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)