Dish Hopper with 2 Super Joeys - is it possible

never mind I can not link 2 hoppers to share 6 tuners ,darn my luck I learn to FULLY research before such a big change

understood let me ask this hope i can get this working
again i have
2x HWS
2x joeys
the one hopper is now a standalone unit can i now take it and set it up in the setting so guess i say all 4 boxes are all tied in?
meaning i have 6 total tuners cause we don't use primetime?

thanks

You will not be able to activate a Super Joey on an account with two Hoppers. It is currently not allowed even if you tried installing it yourself.

Last edited:
never mind I can not link 2 hoppers to share 6 tuners ,darn my luck I learn to FULLY research before such a big change
Stick Joeys at the TV locations where you want to watch live tuners on both hoppers. Then you can link back and forth to either hopper.

what does this do for me
menu-settings-network setup-whole home is where you link them all togahter. if your hoppers and joeys are all linked togather you should be able to use what ever 6 tuners are avail that does include being able to watch all the recordings no matter what hopper they are recorded on. now if you press the red hot key to see what tuners are avail it will still show three you have to switch hoppers to see the others but there are always 6 tuners you can use for live tv or recording.

here is what i have
2 x hoppers
2 x joeys
i like to share 6 tuners between 4 tv
will the above info do that for me?
or do this setup for 5 tuners
1 x hopper
1 x super joey
2 x joey
this way i share 5 tuners?
the first setup I am still not clear thou I am told will share 6 tuners but switching from hopper to hopper

Stick Joeys at the TV locations where you want to watch live tuners on both hoppers. Then you can link back and forth to either hopper.

what does this do for me
menu-settings-network setup-whole home is where you link them all togahter. if your hoppers and joeys are all linked togather you should be able to use what ever 6 tuners are avail that does include being able to watch all the recordings no matter what hopper they are recorded on. now if you press the red hot key to see what tuners are avail it will still show three you have to switch hoppers to see the others but there are always 6 tuners you can use for live tv or recording.

here is what i have
2 x hoppers
2 x joeys
1 x hopper
1 x super joey
2 x joey
the first setup I am still not clear thou I am told will share 6 tuners but switching from hopper to hopper

From one Hopper you only have access to it's own 3 tuners. You do have the ability to view the recordings on the other Hopper however. From any Joey you will have the ability to view either Hopper and it's tuners at any time. You will have to go into the menu in order to link the Joey to a certain Hopper though.

If you went with the Hopper and Super Joey setup you would have lost a tuner but you would have had access to all 5 tuners from every TV.

Simply put, do your main watching on a Joey. Then you have access to all six sat tuners from that location. And hope the ability to set a Hopper's tuners from another Hopper is introduced later this year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

what does this do for me

here is what i have
2 x hoppers
2 x joeys
1 x hopper
1 x super joey
2 x joey

If you have an over air antenna on your house you can add the OTA module to each of your Hoppers giving you an extra network channel on each Hopper for a total of 8 tuners to share with 4 TVs.

Once you get used to your setup I don't think you will feel lack of integration as such a hardship. We have 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys on 5 TVs and 5 users and I have never had any complaints about tuner access. Of course we use PTAT and are addicted to Autohop on the network channels. If you watch even a little Primetime Network TV you should really consider activating PTAT on the nights you watch Network. It is a GREAT feature.

so your saying if i have living room hopper 1 bed 1 hopper 2 master bed joey i have that joey linked to living rm 1 hopper.
so joey would have to link and unlink to go between both hoopers meaning that joey can use tuners from either hopper just a matter of settings?

well this might be better but i have dis taking back a hopper today for a super joey. I guess i check out what you said real fast.

thanks

so your saying if i have living room hopper 1 bed 1 hopper 2 master bed joey i have that joey linked to living rm 1 hopper.
so joey would have to link and unlink to go between both hoopers meaning that joey can use tuners from either hopper just a matter of settings?
Exactly. Joeys can link back and forth between either hopper pretty easily in the settings. If you need only 1 room to have access to all the tuners, then you may want to put a Joey in that room so it can link back and forth to find a free tuner.

If you want everything integrated and can deal with one less tuner, then your Super Joey plan is the way to go. It's definitely less confusing for a family who might be less tech savvy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts