Dish Hopper with 2 Super Joeys - is it possible

I appreciate all the replies to this. So let me ask those with multiple TV's, how did you configure your system with Dish to get the best setup ?

I myself have 5 HDTVs that I use in the house. I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. The Hopper with Sling is on the living room TV. The regular Hopper is on the basement TV and also wireless transmitted to my bedroom TV on the second story. There is one Joey on the kitchen TV and one Joey on the bar TV. Everything works great and I can access my recordings from any TV. The only thing I can't do is set timers to the other when I'm using the one Hopper which I never really need to do.

Well I just had 2 HWS and 2 joeys installed wed/However I want to give back one joey and get one Super joey are you saying they wont allow that since I have 2 HWS on?
I want to keep one Hopper NOT linked so I need more tuners for the other Hopper and joey but need a Super Joey on this hopper also.Well I have a call in to local installer so I hope they will to this today.\
1x HWS standalone
1x HWS ,joey,Super Joey
I HOPE
Nope.

Super Joey is only available with a single Hopper.

Well I just had 2 HWS and 2 joeys installed wed/However I want to give back one joey and get one Super joey are you saying they wont allow that since I have 2 HWS on?
I want to keep one Hopper NOT linked so I need more tuners for the other Hopper and joey but need a Super Joey on this hopper also.Well I have a call in to local installer so I hope they will to this today.\
1x HWS standalone
1x HWS ,joey,Super Joey
I HOPE

You will not be able to activate a Super Joey on an account with two Hoppers. It is currently not allowed even if you tried installing it yourself.

thanks now I wished I had done more research before leaving Direct.My mistake.
Or I make a family memember link that second Hopper to the system
[
QUOTE=Scherrman;3436041]You will not be able to activate a Super Joey on an account with two Hoppers. It is currently not allowed even if you tried installing it yourself.[/QUOTE]

That second Hopper would have to be on its own separate account. That means you will need 2 accounts to make it happen...

Don't forget that there is an upfront fee for a second HWS too. The first HWS is free and I believe Dish charges a $99 fee for the second one. If you get a regular Hopper for the second receiver then it's free as well.

So if I go to Dish's website and configure my setup, they want to give me 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey, and 3 Joey's, and you can't change it. If I call Dish will they allow me to get a 2nd Hopper instead of the Super Joey, or will I need to go through a Dish retailer ? Also I saw above stated that it's $99 for a 2nd Hopper unless you get a regular one - what is meant by that ? Do you mean that I can get 1 of the newer Hoppers with the built in Sling, and a second one that doesn't have the built in Sling, and this will be free ?

Old Hopper as #2 free, yes. And you can call Dish and get them to provide the setup you want.

Are you sure they said 1H, 1SJ and THREE Joeys? New configuration to me. I suppose it'd work, but 2 Hoppers with Joeys would be so much better.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

But it could in principle. This situation is almost as bad as my inability to keep my 722 while upgrading the rest of the house to a Hopper.

Yes. But business policies trump principles every time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can do a HWS, Super Joey and 3 Joeys not problem. We did this for an install last week.

Yes, but if I wanted to deviate from this with a 2 Hopper configuration, I can't do this from their website. Can I call Dish and ask for this, or do I have to go through a retailer to do this ?

Yes, but if I wanted to deviate from this with a 2 Hopper configuration, I can't do this from their website. Can I call Dish and ask for this, or do I have to go through a retailer to do this ?

You shouldn't have any issues with getting a HWS, Hopper and 3 Joeys. This setup should all fall within the promotion for a new customer getting free equipment and installation.

Ah, ok - thanks for that explanation. So if I call Dish, will they allow me to do this, or would they tell me that it can't be done ? I thought I read somewhere that they were only allowing 1 Hopper per account.

When the Hopper system first came out they were only allowing one Hopper but now there shouldn't be an issue. I would recommend getting signed up by using the Dirt Internet Response Team (DIRT) on here. If you haven't yet you should look to see if you have a local retailer that can help you. You'll get much better customer support going with either of those.

When the Hopper system first came out they were only allowing one Hopper but now there shouldn't be an issue. I would recommend getting signed up by using the Dirt Internet Response Team (DIRT) on here. If you haven't yet you should look to see if you have a local retailer that can help you. You'll get much better customer support going with either of those.

How do I get in touch with someone at DIRT ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)