Dish ID?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
I got for free this mesh dish, It mesures 10'2" from rim to rim.
Din't see any like this or its corotor (norstar gold!), as per pics. IMG_20150519_182210.jpg IMG_20150519_182815.jpg IMG_20150519_182831.jpg IMG_20150519_182930.jpg IMG_20150519_182952.jpg
Does anybody has a hint ?

Hi lme. I rescued an 8 foot version of the same style antenna in London Ontario last year. It has the same triangular plate as pointed in the below pic IMG_20150519_182815.jpg Also mine has the same configuration as yours with the round backplate ring offset to the left of the mount pipe. The man I got it from thought it was an EchoStar model dish. EchoStar equipment seems to have had an excellent reputation. He wasn't the original owner however. Mine didn't have any identifying marks or labels so its still conjecture on our part. I have seen photos of the same style dish out in Canadas prairie provinces also. Startrak is another Canadian brand that it might be.

Startrak says the label on the actuator and nothing else. I got the hole assembly from an 94 years old man who does not have a good memory.
thank you for reply. Hope I can use it.

Hi beavs,
Did you manage to use your 8' dish?
I'm interested in how you set it up on the azimut with the offset mounting pipe.

Dish alignment is normal. The only thing offsetting the dish to the side does is put a load on the jack (actuator) when your aimed near your due south. Minimizes effects of a worn actuator screw or nut.
I do the same, with a centered dish, by hanging weight on one side of the dish lip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)