dish install 2day

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
the dish guy is here & its not starting out good i'm showing him where to drill into the house i already have 1 feed need 2 others & he's like i can drill from the inside out what???? I've done 1000's of installs way back & never once would i think about drilling from the inside i tried to reason with him that it would be easier to drill next to the line i have in the morter then into the wood but that seemed to spook him a bit so we will see hope he doesn't f anything up he does have the 1000.2 dish

from what i can see signal was around 80 for 129 hope this hd works he got the hole through the house ok thank goodness overall a pretty clean install

DNS trains their techs to drill from the inside out so as not to damage anything. If you're drilling from the outside in, you have no idea what's inside. You could drill into anything from a TV to a waterbed. It's happened before. 80% on 129 is a good signal.

DNS trains their techs to drill from the inside out so as not to damage anything. If you're drilling from the outside in, you have no idea what's inside. You could drill into anything from a TV to a waterbed. It's happened before. 80% on 129 is a good signal.
i guess i was just trained differently, i knew when he said he was gonna drill from the inside it was for that reason but i assured him next to the whole i had there was nothing in the way. It was always my first thing i would look at when i did my walk through never had a problem every now and then i would be in a stud but just angle the bit & good to go just though it was funny how spooked he was to drill from the outside but so far so good

if it is wood or siding, i drill from the inside... that way i can make sure there is nothing I am going to hit, and so I can put the hole exactly where I want it.
If it is concrete, or brick, i drill from the outside

if it is wood or siding, i drill from the inside... that way i can make sure there is nothing I am going to hit, and so I can put the hole exactly where I want it.
If it is concrete, or brick, i drill from the outside
mine was brick & i already had an entry point to reference & he still insisted on drilling from the inside but it turned out ok in the end it just worried me that we were starting out on the wrong foot also no problems last night so far so good my kid loves the HD game channel he can watch all the games i can't afford to buy

One hole already!
I would have cut the existing line, drilled a larger 5/8 inch hole and then put the three lines through.
VOILA

fred
(btw, we recently replaced a 1000 with a 1000.2 on the store roof. The signal went up about fifteen points on most transponders.)

One hole already!
I would have cut the existing line, drilled a larger 5/8 inch hole and then put the three lines through.
VOILA

fred
(btw, we recently replaced a 1000 with a 1000.2 on the store roof. The signal went up about fifteen points on most transponders.)
100% true, i asked him if he wanted to send down 3 new lines but i already new what his answer would be he did do a nice job of attaching the lines to my existing line though