Dish Install/Flex/ No Local Channels Northern Wisconsin

KRec

Original poster
Aug 12, 2013
Wisco
I recently had Dish installed (Flex Plan) at a remote northern Wisconsin cabin (54547). We went with Dish's Flex due to the ease of activating/deactivating service when desired, and the lack of a contract, (there is no cable service in our area). Due to line of sight issues, an Eastern Arc satellite aquisition was required, however this left me without any locals. There is nothing available OTA within practicality. I have a 211 receiver. I would really like to know what options are possible to access the 4 major network coverage.

As a sidenote, I also have a Directv dish installed on sight, however we cancelled their service and returned the equipment 2 years ago due to cost and lack of usage. (Naturally they were able to provide local channels).

You could "move" your service address to someplace with a locals signal (Minneapolis?) on Eastern Arc. Does your dish get 77?

Last edited:
If your cabin is on a lake up there I'll see if I can fix your problem if you let me stay and go fishing for a week. ;)

Of course...

Its on a lake Scherrman- Its a private lake though, its not challenging to catch fish as they kinda jump in the boat, and you may not like that~!

I am not sure on 77. I was buried with a remodel project and didnt pay much attention to the tech other than having to spend some time on his phone with Dish Loyalty explaining why i didnt think charges for an upgraded receiver (HD) were justified. She relented, finally.

It was just installed, and I am now back in SE Wisconsin. Wausau or GB locals would be fine, can anyone give me some spec's on how to "move"?

Many thanks-
Patrick (former Yooper)

Update.

Called D to move my service addy. Was told a tech would need to come out and verify the new install...However, since summer is winding up, its hard to schedule the inspection as I rarely know in advance when I will be there. Anyone have any advice?

Called D to move my service addy. Was told a tech would need to come out and verify the new install...However, since summer is winding up, its hard to schedule the inspection as I rarely know in advance when I will be there. Anyone have any advice?
Call again and say that the service is up and running and that you just need to change the service address. CSR roulette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts