Status
Please reply by conversation.

satus751

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
texas
hello all

i picked up a 7.5 laser mesh dish. i installed the pole 3ft in the ground(yes i did use concrete) plumb the pole. installed the dish as the dish was from my area i did not mess with elevation/declination. my problem is i have 2 cable wires and 1 for the motor no wires for the servo. so i wanted to install a duo or quad c band lnb. Ok the came in and it has been a nightmare with the azbox. the 4dtv box receives signal ebno 7.9 but no signal to azbox. I also have a satlink meter with the 4dtv connected and watching the signal/picture and connecting the satlink meter with the second cable i can scan and get the digital signals unconnect the satlink and connect the azbox but still dont get signal. my LNBF 30-0-30 degree scale is set at aligned with the 0 at 11 o clock. I can get gb 18 and gb403 on east of arc and can get c4 9-10 and can scan the digital channels with the satlink but cant get signal on the azbox. desperately need help i live in san antonio texas 78224

Last edited:
Have you made sure the lnb power is turned on in the receiver(s) that you have problems with? We need some setup information from the menus in the receivers to help you any further. The model number of the lnbf would also help a lot as they digger somewhat.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

o.k. tried these lnbf on the scaler wsi esx 244 lnbf, panorama Quad lnbf,dmx 242 lnbf all function with the 4dtv receiver.when using the second cable wire to feed the azbox i get no signal from any of the lnbf i have tried. all setting on the azbox are lnb freq-5150 diseqc-off 22khz tone-off 0/12v-12v(powering mod fan) lnb power-on positioner-off network search-normal.................on this same cable if i unhook it from the azbox and hook it to the satlink i will get strengh and quality readings on any sat that i am at with properly assigned frequencies.

a small observation i made deleted all the channels on the satlink and rescanned g4 lyngsat shows 3845h 15030 on the satlink meter when it finished doing a auto scan(blind scan) as i deleted all tps from g4. I noticed the same tp was 3847V(not H) 15020. is the lnbf wrong that the meter identified the tp as vertical not horizonal. but the satlink did identify all tps including the scrambled ones. with only the clear showing on the meter display.

If the dish is on a polar mount, if the dish is moved to zenith with the actuator(looking directly south) I think the 0 on the back of the LNBF should be aimed at the eastern or western horizon. Think, with it at the 11 o'clock position, it may be 90 off. But don't know where the dish position is when you say it's at the 11 o'clock.
Don't know which "4dtv box" you have, but I think some have the polarity reversed from, what's normal for, FTA receivers.

Don't know which "4dtv box" you have, but I think some have the polarity reversed from, what's normal for, FTA receivers.
Yes, the 920 does for sure. Go into the LNB Setup Menu, and look for option "Rotate 90".

o.k. am pointed at southern most sat G4. The 4dtv receivers in use are 922 and a 920 both setup with lnbf and normal(not 90 degree rotation). the lnbf on the dish right now is the panorama quad.

LAK7 is right, the polarity on the 922 must be 'rotated 90' to match the polarity on FTA receivers. If you are on G4 @ 99W, then a Blind Scan with the Azbox should get you several channels.

The quad lnbf allows me to connect each receiver separately. So do I have to set them 90 degrees.

In order for the FTA receivers and the 4DTV receivers to show or use the correct polarity, the 4DTV receivers must have their polarity control set to Rotate 90°, as stated previously. Doesn't matter if it's a single, dual or quad output LNBF.

Hello fellow sat guys

I removed the (used) newly installed by me 7.5 dish and installed another 8.5 mesh dish with a dual feed feedhorn(1lnb-vertical,1lnb-horizonal) two cables going into my 920. the southern most sat for my location is g4 horizonal lnb is horizonal at bottom and vertical lnb at top. can get signal on gb to w8. Now my problem is how would i connect 3 receivers to the dish with the least amount of cables going into the house.

That should have read: 2x4 - 2 inputs (H&V) and 4 outputs.
A 3x4 can be used, just plug the Off Air antenna port.

should there be a specific multiswitch i should be looking for and also where would one find a power inserter. i am trying to feed 2 dsr922 and 1 azbox.

hello all

Although its been a sometime since i posted about my dish problems,lnb problems......i have been getting by with the signals i could receive. well the other night i decided to mess with the orthomode dual c band lnb and dish elevation and i was able to finally pick up the nbc feeds with my azbox ultra and was able to get the cozi channel. Wanting to get a better signal i changed out my older cal amp 25mhz to new wsi 15mhz lnbs and just messed every thing up should have left it alone. on my dsr922 with option 605 c menu i can only get a signal strengh of +4.8 So i want to start over.......pulled out the readout from skyvision from 2000. latitude=29.60N longitude=98.49W magnetic variation=7.20E..............polar mount angles 29.60 declination 4.91 apex 55.49. so my most southern satellite should be g4(99.0). I am including several pictures of the lnb setup if some one could look at it and tell me if the top lnb is vertical and the bottom one is horizonal (is this correct) on the modded switch the veritical is hooked up to 13v port and horizonal hooked up to 18v. Now my understaing is once the did the mod on the multiswitch all 4 ports are 18v output. the dark pictures of the lnb i took on my ladder looking down. the inside of the lnb the probe is the horizonal lnb. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.......the 3 cable wires on the multiswitch are going to a dsr922,azbox, opensat receivers.........at the moment every receiver is disconnected and dish is parked on 99.0.

Attachments

• IMAGE_008.jpg
    IMAGE_008.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 135
  • IMAGE_006.jpg
    IMAGE_006.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAGE_013.jpg
    IMAGE_013.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAGE_014.jpg
    IMAGE_014.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMAGE_015.jpg
    IMAGE_015.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMAGE_016.jpg
    IMAGE_016.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 130
  • IMAGE_017.jpg
    IMAGE_017.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAGE_018.jpg
    IMAGE_018.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Make sure your feed horn scalar ring is perfectly centered on the dish. Measure from the edge of the dish to the edge of the scalar ring at three points. All your measurements should be exactly the same. If not adjust feed horn scalar to be centered.

thanks guys for your reply back,have not messed with the dish yet........was wondering about norsat 8525 lnbs seen some on for about 65.00. I understand the 8115 or 8215 are recommend but for about 100. ea. a little steep right now. Would that be a better choice of lnbs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)