Dish install tomorrow - questions/requests?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pmsmith2032

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Chicago, IL
We have our Dish install scheduled for tomorrow (thanks everyone for the help getting it setup). Are there any specific questions/requests I should make when the installer comes out (I believe it will be a internal technician)? Currently we have DirecTV with the dish mounted to the side of our house, the main line coming into our basement, one line to our basement TV (we are borrowing a TV because we don't have one down there right now), two lines to the family room TV on the second floor, and one line to the master bedroom TV on the second floor. All TVs are/will be HD and we are getting one hopper and two joeys. Thanks in advance!

Only thing that comes to mind right now is to make sure you're getting a Hopper With Sling. It's the newest Hopper receiver and have newer and better features over last year's model.

I should be a Hopper with Sling. All new install are suppose to be Hopper with Sling but you may want to double check.

They will install a single node in the basement(Make sure it is inside). They will only need to run a single cable to each Tv location. We are here to ask any question. For help from Dish, contact a member of DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team). They are employes of Dish and are here to help us. They have solved many problems. Their names will be in Red. You can find which of them is online at the very top page of the forum. Near the bottom is a list of who is online.

I should be a Hopper with Sling. All new install are suppose to be Hopper with Sling but you may want to double check.

So is Dish using the old Hoppers just for replacements when old Hoppers in the field go bad?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So is Dish using the old Hoppers just for replacements when old Hoppers in the field go bad?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I had my hopper and joey system installed last week and the tech originally installed the older hopper and he had to swap it out with the newer one after I mentioned that it should be the HWS. He wasn't very happy bout that but he also didn't read the work order properly..

So is Dish using the old Hoppers just for replacements when old Hoppers in the field go bad? Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They can be used in Upgrades because they are cheaper for the customer. Also for people doing 2 Hoppers. I believe the 2nd Hopper is cheaper if it's the 2000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts