Dish Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Splain

Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
SoCal
I have been told by the landloard that Directs dishes have been installed on the roof before with c clamps as this is the only way she will allow them to be installed, I do not have access to a LOS any other way, is this possible to attach the mounting plate to the upper edge of the roof with several c clamps?

I don't see it being a major issue if the mounting spot is heavy wood or metal, although Direct may refuse to cover free realignments under the protection plan, since it won't be installed to spec. Is this a flat roof? If so, ask the landlord if she would be willing to allow what's called a "Non-penetrating roof mount". Basically it is a metal sled that sits on the roof and is weighted down with concrete blocks. The dish is then mounted to this. It is non permanent and does not damage the roof. The only limitation is that it must be installed on a flat roof, it'll slide off if there's a pitch.

Honestly it's very generous of her to allow roof access at all, since most only allow dishes on exclusive use areas like a balcony or patio.

No, it's a pitched roof, I think if I go and get two large c clamps and the installer puts it on the edge of the roof and slips the clamps over the faceing and over the roof it should hold the dish very well as the complex is well shieled from most wind including the santa ana's. And the landloard is a sweetheart.

Not really the Landloard went to show me one and the renter was not home so I could get a closer look at it.

Thank you Chip, I will show that to the installer, I assume that I would have to buy that myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)