Dish Install

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
I just reconnected with Dish for the Family Pak. I told her I didn't have a dish up anymore and she said she would connect me to the service dept. to schedule an install. All I got from them was a busy signal. Then I got to thinking that I have a Dish 500 and (probably) the LNBs but no cables. Can I do the install myself or should I just pay the $49? Don't I need a switch of some kind (I don't have one or it went bad-can'r remember)? All I need is 110 and 119.

Thanks

Well, I spoke too soon! Dish strikes again!

I told the first woman I needed a dish installed and she said it would be $49. I called back to schedule and now they say it's going to be $99!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I found the LNBs they say BS1H1UP201M and have two coax outputs. Sholud I try to self install or bite the bullet and pay the crooks?

(Rant On)

You know what-I am going to install it myself, the hell with paying them anymore. (Rant Off)

Sorry about that-I needed to vent!

Should I reactivate the receiver first? It has to be the right LNBs because it was installed that way before-I had 110, 119, and 61.5 on a seperate dish.

Thanks

Thanks

Last edited:
Tracy

How many LNB's are we talking? One or two?

one LNB (Twin) would fit across the whole "Y" assembly.
Two LNB's (duals) only fit in one part of the Y

Do a check switch on the box with nothing hooked up to it to clear out the existing setup. Then use it to aim the dish. Then reactivate the box

I have a couple old units that I use just for aiming DBS dishes :)

Here is what I have-is a part missing?

Attachments

• DSC_2833-after.jpg
    DSC_2833-after.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_2834-after.jpg
    DSC_2834-after.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 125
yeah a couple parts are missing....the "Y" adapter and a switch. Also how is the arm going to fit back on there??

I always thought the install fee was $49, and not 99?

I guess it's time to face facts-Dish has screwed me again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just went out and looked and that's all I can find. I guess I'll show them what I have when they come-she said if I need a dish it will be $99. I don't know if they'll use this old dish in the condition it's in or not. Also, today was the first I heard of a $25 reconnect fee! They had to have a credit card number or they wouldn't even do anything-even though I had service for 4 years with no problems on my end. If it wasn't for the wife they wouldn't get a cent out of me! You can mark one thing in stone-I will watch what I can get with my FTA and C Band dishes and OTA anntena and that is it for me! :mad: :mad: :mad:

However-I know none of this is your fault Iceberg and I appreciate the help!!! :up

hell get one on Ebay. People sell them on there all the time. You might find one that has everything..try and fine one with a Twin LNB so you don't need any switch

Damage is done-I bit the bullet and scheduled install.

Thanks to Iceberg-he is Sat Guy of the year for a reason!!! :hatsoff:

Ice-you should start a DBS company-you could do it the right way! :)

My advice to those considering Dish-look elsewhere. I should have called Direct TV except they don't have locals here. But when you're a new customer they appreciate you. When you're a former customer-you are nothing to them. :mad:

I think you had a dislike for DISH from before, the $25 reconnect fee is a standard charge. The LNB support arm is welded onto the dish, I don't think DISH can be blamed for the weld being broken off it was in your possesion. Also the "Y" adapter being missing isn't DISH's fault. DISH requires a $49.99 activation fee out of new and previuos customers so you are blaming them for that? Or are you blaming them for destroying the dish that you need to pay extra to get. Calm down and realize you could be charged more if they wanted to. You left and now want to go back but you didn't take care of the equipment you owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts