Questions on PIP using a *E 625 receiver

fredtx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I have a couple of questions about PIP:

1. I have been told by a local *E retailer that the 625 receiver he would install can give me PIP even though the HDTV set I am thinking of getting does not have a PIP feature, is he correct???

2. I also have been told that if you have a HDTV which has the PIP feature and you use the HDMI input on the TV set you will not be able to use the PIP feature, is that correct???

3. In order to get PIP using the HDMI input on the TV set from a 625 would you get PIP if you have an OTA going into either the 625 or the HDTV set?????

I am not a *E user but I am about to subscribe to *E for HD and buy a new Samsung HL-S5688W HDTV set which does have a PIP feature but I really want to know whether I will be able to get PIP or not. Please help this newbie:confused:

I hope these questions are not properly stated, if so please PM me and let me know so that I can provide my questions clearly

Thanks

1. First of all if you are getting E* HD service you need a ViP622 not a 625. Both of these have the PIP feature when used in Single mode. The remote has a PIP button on it.

2. that depends on the TV.

3. OTA is a separate issue altogether, you can get OTA channels with the ViP622 and they, like either of the satellite tuners, can be used for PIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts