DISH installation from HELL!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Yesterday, I had THE worst installation order I have EVER had with ANY cable/satellite provider!! I had ordered a hd receiver for the main tv and took advantage of the free dvr upgrade for the sd tv in another room. The Dish installer, very friendly guy, came in and told me I needed 2 satellites do to the position of the house to get HD. So halfway through the installation, the tech states he is 'missing something to complete the installation' and he would be 'right back'. Well 2 hours later, he shows up and finishes the installation. I was fuming, asked him why he took so long and he said he needed something he had to get from the other truck he uses...whatever. Then we got to try to activate the boxes. The called the call center and according to them, I had the wrong boxes. They also had the wrong programing, they had me listed for the TOP 180 without hd and without locals. I asked the csr then why would the installer put up 2 dishes? HE had the right order package I had requested. Then, they went over what I SHOULD have and the gave me a hd receiver for the hdtv, but a standard reciever for the sd tv and NOT a dvr, though they had the order to charge me for the service. I said it took almost 2 weeks to get this appointment and there WILL be a dvr and 2 tv hooked up BEFORE the installer leaves. So the crs stated he would upgrade/covert the 211 hd receiver into a hddvr until the 525 dvr can be delivered to my home, installed and at that point she would downgrade/uninstall the 211 and just make it a hd reciever. First of all, I didn't know that could be done to the 211...and 2nd, I thought for sure they would need a supervisor or manager's approval to have the hddvr service for about 10 days AND not charge me for the hddvr upgrade. Now, they had to send me to a 2nd level support to do this. There the crs told me should could not and would not do this eventhough DISH made the mistake/s in my order, so she asked for the tech. Spoke to him and MADE HIM GO BACK TO THE OFFICE AND GET a 525 dvr receiver because he didn't have one...an hour later, it was installed and everything was fine until.....when going through the channels, I shae that STARZ was not showing, we had to call DISH again and asked why was it not showing since there i was usppose to get STARZ free for my 1st 3 months...they fixed that problem and everything was activated...in all, the installation took 5 hours....this is NOT how I wanted this 'friendship' to start....:mad:

Ok so call back and cancell then and go with another service, this is what I would have done if it had gotten to the point that it had with the work order being wrong and the tech not asking what I was supposed to get and my not asking him if he had what I was supposed to get. Honestly mistakes happen and unfortunately there was several that happpend in your situation but one thing that you should have done wich could have saved some frustration was to ask the tech if he had your 622 and the other dvr before he started, if you didnt do that then your at fault for some of it as the tech will in the case of most all sub contractors come out with only the equipment his work orders call for ( this was evident in that he had to leave your home both times to get equipment he didnt have ) and nothing else.

Dave1997 said:
WOW... it should only took 1 1/2 to 2 hours installation.

Bullsh!t, a 622 and a 522, both are dual tuners, plus the tech had to put up 2 dishes, if he had the whole thing done in under 2 hours then I can garuantee you that it isnt grounded for starters.

Van....apparently you just skimmed through my post....according to HIS order, everything was right except the box for the other room...and since is it MY responsibility? I work in customer service in the IT field and when a request is made through me, I BEING THE SO-CALLED CRS, go out of my way to make sure the request/order I took is correct. Not their responsibility to check my job, just as I don't think it is my responsibility to check that they got it right that is THEIR job. And the issue I have was not how long it took...but more so the tech taking off and the 1st crs promising something he knew full well that he had no authority to give me....don't write a check your a$$ cannot cash....

Never trust the person on the other end of the phone to be doing the right thing, you cant see them and they cant see you and you sure cant see what they are typing into the computer screen or writing down on a sheet of paper. When ever you have any kind of service work done you should ask, its common sense, the same goes for when you order furniture and it gets delivered, you check it out before signing the delivery mans receipt I would think. To the tech what he has on his workorder is right even if its not, if you had ordered a 622 and a 625 but he had a 622 and a 311 then the work order is wrong and its better to find this out before the work is done than to find out at the end of the install when you walk into that third room where the 311 is. The tech was also at fault for not confirming with you at the start how many tv's and what equipment was supposed to be installed.

salsadancer7, I think this thread is mis-titled. To me at least, 'From Hell' implies something far worse. (There are many examples of this in some 622 posts from Feb and march). Compared to them, consider this one of the better installs!

When I walk into the customer's house, I always review the programming and the equipment being used. Sometime's the work order is wrong, especially since we have a few Sales Partners who promise locals in area that cannot get locals and forget to mention the phone fee.

brettbolt said:
salsadancer7, I think this thread is mis-titled. To me at least, 'From Hell' implies something far worse. (There are many examples of this in some 622 posts from Feb and march). Compared to them, consider this one of the better installs!

I was thinking the same thing. I was looking for the "from hell" part as I read through.

Sales partners are fast becoming the new scourge of this industry overtaking bad installations. SBC is one that cant build a work order correctly, marketing guru one that plays the modified address of an existing customer trick alot just to name one, but dish is actively persuing sales partners in regards to modifying an existing customers address to get past the 6 month previous customer time frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)