DISH installed tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Good Evening, All,

I'm having DISH installed tomorrow here in Kansas City. I have 4 tv's and requested the following:

Living Room - HD DVR
Master Bed Room - HD DVR
Family Room - HD only
Bedroom #2 - SD only

I had to order via web chat, due to an address issue with the web site order, so I am not certain what equipment I will be getting. When I tried to order online, it showed me getting 1 - 211/411, 1 - 612 and 1 - 622/722. Not sure if that is truly what I am getting.

I have a few questions:

Can I hook up my OTA antenna to the DVR's?
I have the Blockbuster package - can either of my dvr's be hooked up to the internet via Cat5 or wireless?
If I decide to eventually add Sling, it that compatible with these dvr's?

Thanks!

for the 622/722 ota tuner is built in if its a 722K you have to buy an ota module but it will let you record 2 shows from ota vs the others that are just one

612 will give you one ota

211 will also give you ota

tv 4 sd will feed from your 622/722 and if its a 722k you can watch ota on tv2

The 722 will let you use sling from dish and any box will let you use the original sling box that i feel is better as it has less issues atm and will show every screen and bbmp that current dish sling will not.

Keep in mind that the Sling Adapter has a 99 dollar rebate with it (believe it expires in early 2012) ... so you might want to order it anyway regardless of how soon you might want to try it. I would second Rocket's SlingBOX suggestion, with the exception that because there is a rebate on the Sling Adapter that it makes it worth a try and if you run into problems, then you could get a SlingBox with not having wasted too much for a virtually free adapter.

msgph said:
Tech is on site. Looks like a 722k, 211 and 612.

What is the difference between a 722 and 722k?

Main difference, 722 has built in OTA tuner that cannot be viewed from TV2. 722K needs an internal OTA module which adds 2 OTA tuners that can be viewed by tv2 location. If you need to view OTA you will need to make sure tech installs the OTA module

Main difference, 722 has built in OTA tuner that cannot be viewed from TV2. 722K needs an internal OTA module which adds 2 OTA tuners that can be viewed by tv2 location. If you need to view OTA you will need to make sure tech installs the OTA module

Crud...he doesn't have one on his truck. I just asked.

You can purchase one yourself and put it in later. I would, they're fairly cheap.
Not as cheap as free .... and to OP request the tech tell DISH this so that dish will send out an OTA to you for Free.

Just FYI ... there *IS* a paper (DishNetwork instructions for techs) on OTA installation and if the tech is aware of it, he might be blowing smoke because dish is supposed to authorize free/installation time OTA module *only* when your local's are not carried on satellite. So if your locals are on the feed, then you might not get one for free...

The OTA is worth having, whether you buy from Dish at 50+ or from one of the supporting stores at the top of SatelliteGuys website for 30 or so refurb'd is up to you..

I had the tech call in when my 622 was replaced with a 722K and Dish sent me the OTA module for free.:)

Ed

Was your locals available via satellite? Mine are (Kansas City). I'd like to have the module to record all network programming over antenna, leaving the other tuners available for channel surfing.

Was your locals available via satellite? Mine are (Kansas City). I'd like to have the module to record all network programming over antenna, leaving the other tuners available for channel surfing.

YES they were/are! They still sent me the module for FREE! Insist on it!

Ed

Last edited:
Hopefully you have a friend that is familiar with the 722/722K because the installers do a woeful job of explaining what you can do with this DVR. Little things like changing the direction of the guide scroll, setting your preferences, setting the number of channels visible on your guide screen, showing you how to use the Record/play/pause/ff/rew etc. Using the preference tab to create a custom setting just for you is a great way for you to have your guide come up and only shpw channels you care about while eliminating all the wasted space on your most used guide page.

The installer is still here. It appears we're in the final stages. Looks like he is done outside and now going around and connecting the receivers.

First hiccup. The 722k apparently doesn't like my Sony surround sound. Bypassed that for now, but hopefully this won't be an issue.

Keep in mind that the Sling Adapter has a 99 dollar rebate with it (believe it expires in early 2012) ... so you might want to order it anyway regardless of how soon you might want to try it.

Don't hold your breath waiting for your rebate. You will turn blue, pass out, fall on the floor, die, be buried, and decompose long before the rebate arrives!:mad:

RT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)