This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish Internet Response Team

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
My only question is do these people really work for Dish Network. They are willing to help me with a problem but they want a credit card number & I don't feel safe doing that over the internet.

Thanks,
Bruce

Yes they do. And apparently, you have never bought anything online before?????

I can't imagine the need to give anyone a CC number through PM's or somehow other than after contacting Dish yourself. Never give a CC number to someone that contacts you, and never do it through a web board like Satellite guys. Most Private Message systems on web boards are far from "private". And there is no reason why a dish rep would contact you for you to give them a CC number.

My only question is do these people really work for Dish Network. They are willing to help me with a problem but they want a credit card number & I don't feel safe doing that over the internet.

Thanks,
Bruce
Yes, Bruce, I work for Dish Network and need to do a credit card authorization for a DIU upgrade offer only. We do not do this online for security reasons but I would need to contact you via phone. Bruce you can choose to do this with me or you can call the 1-800 # as I have referenced my offer on your account! Just let me know!

Last edited:

Ah, that makes sense.....DIU offer.

Sounds legit.