Dish Internet Response Team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
My only question is do these people really work for Dish Network. They are willing to help me with a problem but they want a credit card number & I don't feel safe doing that over the internet.

Thanks,
Bruce

Yes they do. And apparently, you have never bought anything online before?????

I can't imagine the need to give anyone a CC number through PM's or somehow other than after contacting Dish yourself. Never give a CC number to someone that contacts you, and never do it through a web board like Satellite guys. Most Private Message systems on web boards are far from "private". And there is no reason why a dish rep would contact you for you to give them a CC number.

My only question is do these people really work for Dish Network. They are willing to help me with a problem but they want a credit card number & I don't feel safe doing that over the internet.

Thanks,
Bruce
Yes, Bruce, I work for Dish Network and need to do a credit card authorization for a DIU upgrade offer only. We do not do this online for security reasons but I would need to contact you via phone. Bruce you can choose to do this with me or you can call the 1-800 # as I have referenced my offer on your account! Just let me know!

Last edited:
Yes, Bruce, I work with Dish Network and need to a credit card authorization for a DIU upgrade offer only. We do not do this online for security reasons but I would need to contact you vis phone Bruce if you chose or you can call the 1-800 # as I reference my offer on your account! Just let me know!

Ah, that makes sense.....DIU offer.

Sounds legit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)