Dish Internet??

chrisd_az

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Chickasha, OK
I live in the country so internet is hard to get. I had this company called Atlink services out of Oklahoma City install wifi service they we not able to see the tower so only getting 1.5 lowest possible single an upload an download speeds but it's unlimited no cap. So is dish Internet any better and will it be unlimited have 3 kids all smartphones an love to watch Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: KG4KBU
Dish Satellite Internet is NOT unlimited, so stick with what you have. I think you can get 10 GB anytime and 40 GB off peak hours. Even though it might be slower, you'd be a heck of a lot better off with unlimited at 1.5.

I personally haven't had the need for this. With slow or limited internet there seems finally to be a solution for those looking to stream Netflix.

https://www.gonightshift.com/

If you try this let us know how well it works.

Thanks for the fast reply hooked up my wifi to my hopper 2 an now watching a movie great picture a little slow to load an get going I did pause it for 10 mins at the start an so far so good HD video

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: stardust3
Think of it as a 64gb hard drive with software that accomplishes two things. The software is capable of downloading during the time Satellite Internet providers allow unlimited downloading, varying by provider during the early morning hours. So it saves the cap usage. Second, because it is cached you get smooth streaming from the hard drive.

Our neighbor is moving, as the Dish Internet commercials say over and over, "way out here", and has no options for internet via DSL or cable. I looked at satellite options and it's a joke in today's world. Dish is the worst with a 10gb monthly cap but even the others only go a bit higher. Exede has a 30gb plan but it costs $150/mo ! I know they all have those middle-of-the-night add'l data options but for 75% of people, unless they can set up some sort of system to download at scheduled times, that's a gimmick ! Are people going to wait until midnight to stream stuff from Netflix ?

As others have said, you may be better off sticking to 1.5Mb/s service that's truly unlimited. When I was researching the satellite-internet options for my neighbor, I checked our data usage through TWC. We were (9) days into our monthly cycle and had used 109gb of data....

Our neighbor is moving, as the Dish Internet commercials say over and over, "way out here", and has no options for internet via DSL or cable. I looked at satellite options and it's a joke in today's world. Dish is the worst with a 10gb monthly cap but even the others only go a bit higher. Exede has a 30gb plan but it costs $150/mo ! I know they all have those middle-of-the-night add'l data options but for 75% of people, unless they can set up some sort of system to download at scheduled times, that's a gimmick ! Are people going to wait until midnight to stream stuff from Netflix ?

As others have said, you may be better off sticking to 1.5Mb/s service that's truly unlimited. When I was researching the satellite-internet options for my neighbor, I checked our data usage through TWC. We were (9) days into our monthly cycle and had used 109gb of data....

When you live in such an area, you learn to live with what you have. I've been relying on my Verizon Wireless phone service for data now for 8 years. I am very active on the internet and have never used over 10 gb in a month. The only streaming I do is some limited youtube videos and weather radar.

"Learn to live with" is easier said than done when one goes from unlimited to 'severely restricted'

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

"Learn to live with" is easier said than done when one goes from unlimited to 'severely restricted'

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I never said it was easy. I simply said you "learn" to when you have no choice. I went from unlimited cable to relying on cellular. I "learned" to live with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)