Dish internet

I once had a college age kid show up at our vacation cottage that tried to sell me on switching from cable TV to Dish. When I pointed out the Dish dish in the yard, he smoothly rolled right into telling me why I should switch from Dish to DTV. :biggrin

Reactions: KE4EST
It would be a lot easier to reach local retailers if they would stop forwarding their phone numbers to the Dish 800 number... just sayin’.

Yea it kinda sucks that we must rent a special 800 number for each of our ads and when that particular 800 number expires for us it gets forwarded to DISH. The only sure way to reach the local retailer regularly is to call their local number or their company 800 number which doesn't change.

Yea it kinda sucks that we must rent a special 800 number for each of our ads and when that particular 800 number expires for us it gets forwarded to DISH. The only sure way to reach the local retailer regularly is to call their local number or their company 800 number which doesn't change.

Out here, even the local (816) and (913) numbers posted for retailers forward to Dish's 800 number. It's almost like the local retailers don't want people calling them directly.

Out here, even the local (816) and (913) numbers posted for retailers forward to Dish's 800 number. It's almost like the local retailers don't want people calling them directly.

That's a new one for me. I'm wondering if something more nefarious is going on because if we don't make the sale we don't earn any money. I don't see any point to a local retailer number forwarding directly to DISH unless it's some kind of program I know nothing about or another way the national retailers can trick people. ;)

I once had a college age kid show up at our vacation cottage that tried to sell me on switching from cable TV to Dish. When I pointed out the Dish dish in the yard, he smoothly rolled right into telling me why I should switch from Dish to DTV. :biggrin
I once had a Dish door-to-door sales guy who noticed my Dish dishes and tried to sell me on upgrading to a Hopper. He asked me how much my monthly Dish bill was, about $50 per month? I got a shocked look on my face and told him no, I have Welcome Pack for only $19.99 per month. He quickly stopped trying to sell me anything and left, saying something like, "Sorry, you're not the kind of customer we're looking for." :biggrin

I once had a Dish door-to-door sales guy who noticed my Dish dishes and tried to sell me on upgrading to a Hopper. He asked me how much my monthly Dish bill was, about $50 per month? I got a shocked look on my face and told him no, I have Welcome Pack for only $19.99 per month. He quickly stopped trying to sell me anything and left, saying something like, "Sorry, you're not the kind of customer we're looking for." :biggrin
I did not know DISH does door-to-door sales. I know AT&T has before in our neighborhood.

All this applies only to LOCAL sales and service retailers and not the big national retailers like GoDish who are totally useless.

Screw go dish.

Local retailers should be able to sell in those areas. It’s the national dealers they lock out.

If the OP can’t get exede, try Hughesnet or vice versa.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)