DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Dish customer chat finally found the answer that your regional sports network is NOT AVAILABLE with flex at all. PAC, SEC, BTN, and Longhorn network are but no local regional such as FOX SW.

That is not true, did you look at the list of add ons just a few posts above? The local RSN is in the Regional Action Pack. I guess it really can't be said too often, don't contact DISH CSR's other than DIRT. :) I can tell you exactly why they said that. They saw the package includes your local Regional Sports Networks, Big Ten, and the list of others. In their mind that list IS the regional Sports networks. They have no clue Regional Sports Networks is a channel.

Reactions: satjay and osu1991
As expected, only new cust get core + 1 pack for 39, as well as core only for 29.

Yes seems to be true as expected. But someone already posted they would never do the requirements of a new customer to get a $5 discount. In reality DISH is not just giving new subscribers a $5 discount. In addition to the typical autopay/paperless they have to sign a two year contract committing to at least some level of service for two years. I do think DISH should let existing subscribers get the discount for the same terms but they probably won't and probably most subscribers would not want to.

Via Dish Anywhere. I keep forgetting that. In my case, because of my rural, wireless ISP, it's Dish Nowhere. ;)

I'm in kind of the same boat with the slow broadband too, I'm in a rural area.
I don't really count them restricting the linear satellite feed from AT250 subs and making them watch it on Dish Anywhere as "available." Maybe if you could access it as a streaming channel from the receiver it might be different.
At any rate it's still a very stupid decision to leave the linear channel out of the most expensive packages.

Reactions: Jim S.
No bbcnews on top250

I have to agree with criticism over that. I don't know why and there may be a reason but you would think it would be at least in the Top 250. However I speculated before the Flex Pack was even known about that the Top 250 may become grandfathered, and in fact there may be changes to the existing Top packages. I don't think there have been any additions for quite sometime only to the Top 250 certainly not of any consequence and in fact many channels migrated from just being there to the Top 200.

Yes seems to be true as expected. But someone already posted they would never do the requirements of a new customer to get a $5 discount. In reality DISH is not just giving new subscribers a $5 discount. In addition to the typical autopay/paperless they have to sign a two year contract committing to at least some level of service for two years. I do think DISH should let existing subscribers get the discount for the same terms but they probably won't and probably most subscribers would not want to.

Would have been nice but oh well, it will still drop my bill from 81 to 60. Only thing i would be missing is mtv, but I'll just buy episodes the day after they air.

Reactions: Tampa8
I have to agree with criticism over that. I don't know why and there may be a reason but you would think it would be at least in the Top 250. However I speculated before the Flex Pack was even known about that the Top 250 may become grandfathered, and in fact there may be changes to the existing Top packages. I don't think there have been any additions for quite sometime only to the Top 250 certainly not of any consequence and in fact many channels migrated from just being there to the Top 200.

Greed

Reactions: reddice
Okay well obviously Flex pack is definitely not for me.

Flex pack options that we could barely live with.
Lots of missing channels.
0a70320e4ce885ccd67095ac6ed3b6c7.jpg

50e67f52999ece1c9f7e843826d1a1b6.jpg

Current Top 250 that works.
d88faac4a9b4807521eac4a6954a07ef.jpg

516b294733736587f10de840f91c7042.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Mydish.com/flex-pack screen shows TVLand channel 106 as HD! I hope my AT250 gets it in HD.

Where I am looking at the DISH site it doesn't show TVland in HD in the Flex Pack, I have not seen any change that shows DISH has it in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts