DISH Introduces Flex Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well.
Honestly there is a lot more value in Directv Select pack for $50 that has just about all the same channels as all those mini packs put together.
And if you need ESPN well that's Entertainment pack that's still only $60 ,And they don't have RSN fees in those packs either.
Just saying it's not that great of a deal.
I know all you guys still think it's great, but 2 Mini packs and I'm already at $54.
That already off set the cost of Directvs 1st room fee. And I'll have what looks to me like a better line up.
4a40efc503ee33f8ba6cac1537b32016.jpg

Com'on Dish this is nothing to Bragg about.

It's just another rebranding package tactic where Dish still picks your channels.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Reactions: anex80 and reddice
I'm curious as to why I can't see any of the new channels (mtv suite, BBC news) in the guide set to all channels. I also expect to get all of the new channels as part of AEP without adding a new pack since I seem to already get 99% of the channels in the flex and add-on packs.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm curious as to why I can't see any of the new channels (mtv suite, BBC news) in the guide set to all channels. I also expect to get all of the new channels as part of AEP without adding a new pack since I seem to already get 99% of the channels in the flex and add-on packs.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
That's just something they do now with channels you don't get, I don't have flex so they do not show up on my guide under all channels either, just like if you don't have MLB extra innings you can't even see the channels the games are on.

I understand it Fine.
You guys like paying $40 for $20 channels. I GET IT.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
No, I like paying $35 for the channels I actually watch instead of much more to have a list of a bunch of channels I never watch. The only reason to do that is to try to impress friends and neighbors with your 'big channel count'. :)

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Well.
Honestly there is a lot more value in Directv Select pack for $50 that has just about all the same channels as all those mini packs put together.
And if you need ESPN well that's Entertainment pack that's still only $60 ,And they don't have RSN fees in those packs either.
I know all you guys still think it's great, but 2 Mini packs and I'm already at $54.
That already off set the cost of Directvs 1st room fee. And I'll have what looks to me like a better line up.

It's just another rebranding package tactic where Dish still picks your channels.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Then head on over to DirecTV, I won't mind.

I'll pay less to get the channels I want and not the ones I don't want, and see them using the single best DVR on the market today.

No, I like paying $35 for the channels I actually watch instead of much more to have a list of a bunch of channels I never watch. The only reason to do that is to try to impress friends and neighbors with your 'big channel count'. :)

What is funny is Half you guys with the Flex pack I bet will have several of those add-on packs in the weeks to come.
Totally defeating the value yous claim is so great.
And that's exactly what Charlie wants you to do.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Then head on over to DirecTV, I won't mind.

I'll pay less to get the channels I want and not the ones I don't want, and see them using the single best DVR on the market today.

I would head on over to Directv if I'm looking at Under $50 packs, because they look like they have way more popular channels that includes locals and HD then what $50 will get me with Dish.

What channels do you watch?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

In the Flex pack? Mostly TNT, USA, FX, FXX, SyFy,, FS1, ESPN, CNN, AMC and a little Comedy. Also some boxing in other National Sports Pack as well as the locals. Plus premiums, all on one sort of promo deal or another.

Reactions: Troch77
In the Flex pack? Mostly TNT, USA, FX, FXX, SyFy,, FS1, ESPN, CNN, AMC and a little Comedy. Also some boxing in other National Sports Pack as well as the locals. Plus premiums, all on one sort of promo deal or another.

Wife and Kids like the Hallmark channels, I have to have Velocity.
Locals are a must.
Right there is $60.

But Kids like Teen Nick, that's not an option.

What would have been the Flex pack everyone was looking for.
Would have been packages bundled by their owners like they used to have with C-band.
Discovery pack, Viacom pack....

This is just like any other packages right now.
The channels are predetermined by Dish, Put in packages by Dish.
And if you want to save money Dish again decides what you can have.

Really doesn't seem that Flexible.
I could do all this before.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Jim S.
You are incorrect in many respects. The package makeups are as much because of contract terms as are just carrying a station at all. So it isn't only Dish, it is the content providers also. Frankly I predict some pushback from the content providers on this, or at least some complaining from them.

And I remember all those C-band packages, I also remember having to diddle the dish position to get the various packages. I don't ever want to go back to that again. Actually I remember when you could pretty nearly pick the individual channels you wanted.

As expected, only new cust get core + 1 pack for 39, as well as core only for 29.

Yes seems to be true as expected. But someone already posted they would never do the requirements of a new customer to get a $5 discount. In reality DISH is not just giving new subscribers a $5 discount. In addition to the typical autopay/paperless they have to sign a two year contract committing to at least some level of service for two years. I do think DISH should let existing subscribers get the discount for the same terms but they probably won't and probably most subscribers would not want to.

We have an existing customer Renewal Offer promo available as of today. This offer includes a 2-year price guarantee that will ensure the existing customer's discounted core programming price will not increase for 24 months. The e-autopay $5 credit is available for existing customers under this promo. This does require a new commitment, that you accept and agree to through mydish.com. You can contact one my DIRT members for more details, as there are some restrictions, and requirements to go over.

You are incorrect in many respects. The package makeups are as much because of contract terms as are just carrying a station at all. So it isn't only Dish, it is the content providers also. Frankly I predict some pushback from the content providers on this, or at least some complaining from them.

And I remember all those C-band packages, I also remember having to diddle the dish position to get the various packages. I don't ever want to go back to that again. Actually I remember when you could pretty nearly pick the individual channels you wanted.

Well as much disputing that goes on , I'm not impressed with the A la Carte options that come of it.

And you honestly think if bundling packs by the owners would mean you would have to move your dish?
Um No.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

We have an existing customer Renewal Offer promo available as of today. This offer includes a 2-year price guarantee that will ensure the existing customer's discounted core programming price will not increase for 24 months. The e-autopay $5 credit is available for existing customers under this promo. This does require a new commitment, that you accept and agree to through mydish.com. You can contact one my DIRT members for more details, as there are some restrictions, and requirements to go over.
Thanks for the update!

Well.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
The DTV is a great deal for the first year. Then it practically doubles in price the second year.

As noted earlier- NO NBCSN!! What the....
I know, that kinda stinks. Why do you want it? In my case my wife is a Nascar Addict and about half of the remaining races this year are on NBCSN. At the end of October I will switch from the top 200 to flex plus locals and variety and save about $30 a month. I will not miss any of the other stations. I guess come next Feb I will add the action pac and then next august go back to the top 200 for 3 months

Reactions: longisland94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)