DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Yes, I would agree you have to decide what channels you really want, and what's best for you. You want what the Top packages have so Flex isn't for you. There are many and I suspect more and more as time goes on that will find the Flex pack with a couple of add ons will cover what they watch.

Yeah True. Either way it's good to see Dish offering something like this it a positive step for sure... :)

Reactions: Tampa8
Yeah True. Either way it's good to see Dish offering something like this it a positive step for sure... :)

I think that really is the bottom line, they have introduced more choice to enable saving money each month but get very close to or even as much of the programming you want. If you need to add four five etc add ons it may not be the best choice.

I think that really is the bottom line, they have introduced more choice to enable saving money each month but get very close to or even as much of the programming you want. If you need to add four five etc add ons it may not be the best choice.

It should attract some people it's kind of almost most like a Sling Package Programming except your not streaming everything..

No NFL Network or RedZone, No Fox Sports RSNs, and No Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite option

RSN's are in an add on package unless I am not understand what you mean. I do think it could be a great add on to be able to get the Multi Sports Package I don't know if DISH is able to to that or not.

Sad.........say you spend over $100 per month like many & still can't get the newly added channels.......and no HD to boot

Great marketing strategy

It's thoroughly retarded. There's NO WAY for ANYONE to get all the MTV channels, because the Flex pack doesn't include MTV itself, MTV Live, or according to Dish's website now, MTV Classic. And speaking of music, it's offensive for Flex customers to have to pay for a sports pack to get AXS, the only source for uninterrupted and uncensored concerts.

Would someone in Dish HQ's jurisdiction please go down to the courthouse and file a petition for an involuntary mental health evaluation for whoever thought this one up?

So $82 Genie in two rooms, VS a choice with DISH.
$36 for Flex and Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one joey.
$56 for Flex, Locals (or choice of Add on - could be less depending on add on), Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one Joey.
$66 for Flex, Locals and another add on (or choice of two add ons - could be less depending on the add on), Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one Joey.

Throw in HBO or Cinemax for $10 (Or Starz) and that rounds out a very good package of channels much less than has previously been available.

And keep in mind, if it is a TV series you watch on a channel or a time of year you can easily drop the add on for a period of time and save that way too. I wouldn't need NESN all year as an example.

How is your comparison better? You keep saying it has more channels, so does the Top 120 etc but if most of what you want is in the Flex pack with an add on or two that is the better deal to pay that much more?
Honestly if I am missing something I will admit it but your just not making sense to me. These prices are much lower and may very well be enough progamming for many people.

Remember the Flex pack encompasses channels that you would need the Top 200 or Directv equivalent to get. Not all of them but if you look at what's not included most people would make little or no sacrifice, or can add a pack to get it.
You forgot you dvr fees and additional room fee with your dish pack

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You forgot you dvr fees and additional room fee with your dish pack

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
That includes the Joey. I also thought it didn't include the DVR fee but looking at the DISH site that is the cost with one Hopper and one Joey. If you can find they are adding a DVR fee that would of course increase the prices. I honestly would not be surprised if the DVR isn't showing up but I can only go by the final cost at check-out.

Your order summary
Due Monthly $56.99 + taxes

Monthly Charges$56.99
Flex Pack w/ DVR (includes eAutoPay savings) $39.99

Hopper (Primary Receiver) $0.00

Joey (Secondary Receiver) $7.00

Locals Pack $10.00

Monthly Savings$0.00

Due Today $0.00

One Time Charges$0.00

There is not temporary discount, this is the two year price guarantee.(My words not theirs)

That includes the Joey. I also thought it didn't include the DVR fee but looking at the DISH site that is the cost with one Hopper and one Joey. If you can find they are adding a DVR fee that would of course increase the prices. I honestly would not be surprised if the DVR isn't showing up but I can only go by the final cost at check-out.
So you want to use Promo prices now?

Sorry the facts are laid out .
Flex pack with just 2 add on $10 packs cost more than the Select pack with a Hopper and Joey for existing customers.
Sorry $5 more for Select but yet includes most all of those Dish channels and far more.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Your order summary
Due Monthly $56.99 + taxes

Monthly Charges$56.99
Flex Pack w/ DVR (includes eAutoPay savings) $39.99

Hopper (Primary Receiver) $0.00

Joey (Secondary Receiver) $7.00

Locals Pack $10.00

Monthly Savings$0.00

Due Today $0.00

One Time Charges$0.00

There is not temporary discount, this is the two year price guarantee.(My words not theirs)
No Completely wrong. Hopper is $15

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

We have an existing customer Renewal Offer promo available as of today. This offer includes a 2-year price guarantee that will ensure the existing customer's discounted core programming price will not increase for 24 months. The e-autopay $5 credit is available for existing customers under this promo. This does require a new commitment, that you accept and agree to through mydish.com. You can contact one my DIRT members for more details, as there are some restrictions, and requirements to go over.
So you want to use Promo prices now?

Sorry the facts are laid out .
Flex pack with just 2 add on $10 packs cost more than the Select pack with a Hopper and Joey for existing customers.
Sorry $5 more for Select but yet includes most all of those Dish channels and far more.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I get it now, you won't admit what is a fact so you make up things. There is no such thing as a Select pack with a Hopper and joey.
As for Promo pricing, this is very different, this is apparently available to all customers not just new ones that changes everything. I'm agreeing with you I would want to make sure the total I show at check out is correct, but if so you are way off base saying this isn't a savings, yes even with two add ons. Every time you mention more channels is every time you demonstrate you really don't understand, more channels means nothing if you don't want them.

No Completely wrong. Hopper is $15

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I am showing you they are saying 00.0 as first receiver and not showing a DVR fee at the final cost as check out.. Again, I too am skeptical but that's what is showing.
I will dig deeper and see if I can get a final answer.....

I am showing you they are saying 00.0 as first receiver and not showing a DVR fee at the final cost as check out.. Again, I too am skeptical but that's what is showing.
I will dig deeper and see if I can get a final answer.....
What ever makes you happy, is good enough for me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I said this seemed feasible ...DISH took my idea. Lol... So if a current customer wants to save the $5 and have no price increase in the package for two years they can do it with a commitment.

Who in the world would agree to a $20 month etf for 24 months to "save" $5? And if you are really price conscious you will flip to the DTV or cable and get the intro offer. I got a letter in the mail that will pay my $200 Visa Card to switch.

DIRT tells me there should be a DVR fee showing. So two rooms with Flex and locals (or your choice any one add on) Hopper 3 and Joey would be $62/67. Without locals for those that don't want or need it $52/57. Still below the $81 for the Directv comparison made if you don't want or need those channels and it's 16 tuners. As has been said from the begining the more you need to do add ons the more the Top packages may be better.
And it is also true even if you add another add on or two if you only do that for a specific time period, as I mentioned I only need NESN a few months, then you are saving and getting what you want.

Reactions: peggy97850
DIRT tells me there should be a DVR fee showing. So two rooms with Flex and locals (or your choice any one add on) Hopper 3 and Joey would be $62/67. Without locals for those that don't want or need it $52/57. Still below the $81 for the Directv comparison made if you don't want or need those channels and it's 16 tuners. As has been said from the begining the more you need to do add ons the more the Top packages may be better.
And it is also true even if you add another add on or two if you only do that for a specific time period, as I mentioned I only need NESN a few months, then you are saving and getting what you want.
Yeah, 1 add on.
It's the customers that pick 2 or even 3 more than its no longer a value.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah, 1 add on.
It's the customers that pick 2 or even 3 more than its no longer a value.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

After how many posts between us - lol - We finally pretty much agree. I think two can still be saving money, and if you only need an add on for specific time period you can be saving. But generally yes.... And it's that choice that DISH is giving. If the Flex Pack didn't offer so many wanted channels it would be less of a deal. But as is for anyone really trying to cut back but does not want only online streaming this is a very good first start.

After how many posts between us - lol - We finally pretty much agree. I think two can still be saving money, and if you only need an add on for specific time period you can be saving. But generally yes....
I do agree with you.
Where I actually really think the pack is a good idea , is for someone who Likes premium movie channels.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I do agree with you.
Where I actually really think the pack is a good idea , is for someone who Likes premium movie channels.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Yeah, it helps keep the bill down while letting you use the savings on Premiums.

My bill :
Flex Pack = $34.99
National Sports = $10
Locals = $10
Hopper 3 = $12

Total :$66.99

Then I have Premiums:
HBO = $10
Max = $5
SHO = $7.50
Movie Pack = $5

Total : $27.50 for all premiums except Encore. Netflix & Amazon cover that very well, Starz is covered via VOD with Movie Pack.

Grand total: $94.52 after adding in the $0.03 FCC fee

Pretty cheap for all I'm getting I think.

Compared to D* it is a steal! At non-promo the bill with them would be $81+Premiums and their Premium prices are higher in most cases, and of course, the RSN fee.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts