DISH Introduces Flex Pack

Reactions: satjay
Ah, I didn't catch that. For some reason I can't get the damned browser to go to a package only page, do you have a link??

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Ah, I didn't catch that. For some reason I can't get the damned browser to go to a package only page, do you have a link??

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/pepod/configure.jsp?lpos=Header:3#package-section

It's $52.99 not $49.99.
They had a $3 increase in February.

$81.99 included Genie in 2 rooms.
271a0b55aff7e0b55b9a886750fa240e.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Thanks for the clarification. BTW, when I tried your link I get the same all included deals, not just package pricing.

That's just something they do now with channels you don't get, I don't have flex so they do not show up on my guide under all channels either, just like if you don't have MLB extra innings you can't even see the channels the games are on.
Really, I can see quite a few channels I don't subscribe to (extra sports channels, adult channels, etc...) if I select the "ALL CHANNELS" tab in the guide. Why would these be any different?

I wish they would allow the Multisport Pack to be added to the Flex Pack. I don't know why it has to be tied to Fox Sports. My dad adds it for RedZone and doesn't care about any of the other Fox Sports channels. All of their programming is blocked out anyway so I never know what the point is to get them.

BBCW is also available in SD on Roku as well as Sky News and EURO News, as well as France 24, can you say at "no additional Charge"!

Reactions: Jim S.
BBCW is also available in SD on Roku as well as Sky News and EURO News, as well as France 24, can you say at "no additional Charge"!
I can't get my Roku to connect to BBCW. When I try to connect, it goes back to the Home Screen.

Really, I can see quite a few channels I don't subscribe to (extra sports channels, adult channels, etc...) if I select the "ALL CHANNELS" tab in the guide. Why would these be any different?
Yeah I do too but for some reason certain channels are different, I have at120+ and when I added multisport to it sports channels that didn't show up when selecting all channels on the guide showed up. Specifically the out of region rsns, and when MLB extra innings went into free preview it showed 25 channels and when it went away it shows 1 and that one is so I can subscribe to it. I'd assume they'd want them so stay there as unsubscribed to entice you to want to order the channels but I guess not

We have an existing customer Renewal Offer promo available as of today. This offer includes a 2-year price guarantee that will ensure the existing customer's discounted core programming price will not increase for 24 months. The e-autopay $5 credit is available for existing customers under this promo. This does require a new commitment, that you accept and agree to through mydish.com. You can contact one my DIRT members for more details, as there are some restrictions, and requirements to go over.

I said this seemed feasible ...DISH took my idea. Lol... So if a current customer wants to save the $5 and have no price increase in the package for two years they can do it with a commitment.

Reactions: RandallW@DISH
Hmm this sounds good but as you all know I like my F1 Racing and Nascar plus college football so my only concern on the Sports side would be NBC Sports channel due to they cover All of the F1 Racing.

So is the MTV suite of channels live? I can't see any info on the dish site and under the flex pack programming comparison and DIRT doesn't seem to have any info on it. Also, I think it is 100% BS that in order to get BBC World News (and I presume the MTV suite) I have to DOWNGRADE my package. AEP (and top 250) has gotten screwed over the years with channels falling into lower tiers and no new channels ever being added... I'm about at the point to just drop the whole thing, and I've been a loyal customer for well over a decade in my current location.

Reactions: Jim S.
Yeah the reality is the time you add what channels you want it ends up being close to what your already paying from what I can tell.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/pepod/configure.jsp?lpos=Header:3#package-section

It's $52.99 not $49.99.
They had a $3 increase in February.

$81.99 included Genie in 2 rooms.
271a0b55aff7e0b55b9a886750fa240e.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So $82 Genie in two rooms, VS a choice with DISH.
$36 for Flex and Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one joey.
$56 for Flex, Locals (or choice of Add on - could be less depending on add on), Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one Joey.
$66 for Flex, Locals and another add on (or choice of two add ons - could be less depending on the add on), Hopper 2 or 3 depending on credit and one Joey.

Throw in HBO or Cinemax for $10 (Or Starz) and that rounds out a very good package of channels much less than has previously been available.

And keep in mind, if it is a TV series you watch on a channel or a time of year you can easily drop the add on for a period of time and save that way too. I wouldn't need NESN all year as an example.

How is your comparison better? You keep saying it has more channels, so does the Top 120 etc but if most of what you want is in the Flex pack with an add on or two that is the better deal to pay that much more?
Honestly if I am missing something I will admit it but your just not making sense to me. These prices are much lower and may very well be enough progamming for many people.

Remember the Flex pack encompasses channels that you would need the Top 200 or Directv equivalent to get. Not all of them but if you look at what's not included most people would make little or no sacrifice, or can add a pack to get it.

Last edited:
Yeah the reality is the time you add what channels you want it ends up being close to what your already paying from what I can tell.

Yes, I would agree you have to decide what channels you really want, and what's best for you. You want what the Top packages have so Flex isn't for you. There are many and I suspect more and more as time goes on that will find the Flex pack with a couple of add ons will cover what they watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts