DISH Introduces Flex Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Troch77... I saw a $12 discount on your screenshots too, even with the flex pack. By the way.. To get those screenshots, did you have to go all the way through, or is that the screen after you hit 'continue'? I want to see what the price is after my credits

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Hopper fees are $15.
$10 is a New customer promos, that expires like all other New customer promos.
$12 is a Grandfathered Hopper price that is eliminated the Minute you upgrade to the Hopper 3.

The only promo an existing customer is getting is a $5 autopay credit for ×24 months that still requires a 24 month commitment.

It's posted a few pages back using my own account as a reference.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
So with top 200, Hopper is free. If I upgrade to Hopper 3 is it still free or the $3 difference? And in Flex they charge for it, but give it free for 2 years? I have Hopper 1 and 2 Joeys, $12dvr fee+$7+$7 with top 200.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I and others ,have been suggesting for years that DISH should find a way to give new sub deals to existing customers and to find a way to keep subs longer to prevent churn. This Flex deal for price lock for two years is exactly what they did. I have to congratulate DISH for doing what we have been suggesting. It's like they read all our ideas and implemented them in this promo .

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: bobvick and Tampa8
So with top 200, Hopper is free. If I upgrade to Hopper 3 is it still free or the $3 difference? And in Flex they charge for it, but give it free for 2 years? I have Hopper 1 and 2 Joeys, $12dvr fee+$7+$7 with top 200.

No Hopper is Free
You pay a DVR fee of $12 on existing Hopper 1 and 2s.
All Hopper 3s are $15.
If you are a new Customer after February 2016 you pay $15 for any Hopper monthly.
Now if you have a promo, that's will expire when your promo does.

Doesn't matter what base pack you have Equipment fees are set.

Hoppers $15
JOEYS $7

I have two Hopper 2s
That's $24 in fees.
But I'm under 2015 Price lock, so my DVR fee of $12 is credited back.
So I only pay $12 for the additional Hopper.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: bobvick
No Hopper is Free
You pay a DVR fee of $12 on existing Hopper 1 and 2s.
All Hopper 3s are $15.
If you are a new Customer after February 2016 you pay $15 for any Hopper monthly.
Now if you have a promo, that's will expire when your promo does.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
OK, so after 24 months you pay $12 (or $15) Hopper Plus a $12 DVR fee. On top 200 (or 250) 1st receiver is free with only the $12 DVR fee. So for a Hopper 1, flex will be charging $24 if not on contract.

Troch77... I saw a $12 discount on your screenshots too, even with the flex pack. By the way.. To get those screenshots, did you have to go all the way through, or is that the screen after you hit 'continue'? I want to see what the price is after my credits

The $12 discount is my DVR price lock credit.
You wouldn't get that.
Notice it's $27 with Top 250.
I can't go below Top120+ or I lose my Price lock Credit of $10.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

OK, so after 24 months you pay $12 (or $15) Hopper Plus a $12 DVR fee. On top 200 (or 250) 1st receiver is free with only the $12 DVR fee. So for a Hopper 1, flex will be charging $24 if not on contract.

No a single Hopper 1 would cost $12.
Than add Flex pack charges.
A single Hopper 3 would cost $15.
Then add Flex charges.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

No a single Hopper 1 would cost $12.
Than add Flex pack charges.
A single Hopper 3 would cost $15.
Then add Flex charges.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Hmm in post 115 I see $12 DVR fee and $12 Hopper fee, then $12 credit, which tells me after 2 years it's $24. But on my no contract top 200 I pay $12 DVR and no Hopper fee.

The $12 discount is my DVR price lock credit.
You wouldn't get that.
Notice it's $27 with Top 250.
I can't go below Top120+ or I lose my Price lock Credit of $10.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Actually I would if you are. I signed up for that same 24 month price lock with free hopper 2 dvr about a year ago.

Reactions: Troch77
Hmm in post 115 I see $12 DVR fee and $12 Hopper fee, then $12 credit, which tells me after 2 years it's $24. But on my no contract top 200 I pay $12 DVR and no Hopper fee.

That's for an additional Hopper. No first Hopper fee, DVR fee only.

Reactions: tcat007
DIRT helped me sort it out. Chat, of course, gave me the wrong answer. They told me it would cost me more ($68) to have the Flex Pack + Kids Pack (which is every channel my wife and I watch in AT200). Only reason we were at AT200 is for Disney Jr, which is in the Kids Pack. With all my credits, even though I lose some of my 24 month credit... I remain with the $12 DVR credit and $5 autopay credit, and I have some other credits I got for various other reasons... my price was brought down from $66.99 to under $40 ($40.22 with tax). I am saving over just over $26 by this switch, and no more sports channels which we never watch (We watch HGTV, Food, DIY, Cooking, TBS, TNT, USA, TruTV, Disney, Disney Jr. only, all the others to us are fluff). Only reason I went with DISH over Sling which we had before, was the lack of pausing TV and DVR, which we realized was hard when we had our daughter last fall.

Reactions: Tampa8
DIRT helped me sort it out. Chat, of course, gave me the wrong answer. They told me it would cost me more ($68) to have the Flex Pack + Kids Pack (which is every channel my wife and I watch in AT200). Only reason we were at AT200 is for Disney Jr, which is in the Kids Pack. With all my credits, even though I lose some of my 24 month credit... I remain with the $12 DVR credit and $5 autopay credit, and I have some other credits I got for various other reasons... my price was brought down from $66.99 to under $40 ($40.22 with tax). I am saving over just over $26 by this switch, and no more sports channels which we never watch (We watch HGTV, Food, DIY, Cooking, TBS, TNT, USA, TruTV, Disney, Disney Jr. only, all the others to us are fluff). Only reason I went with DISH over Sling which we had before, was the lack of pausing TV and DVR, which we realized was hard when we had our daughter last fall.

You are what I think is a typical subscriber, at least who is looking for ways to save money each month. You have reduced paying for channels you don't want or need to much less of those now with a corresponding cost decrease. You are the second person to post about going with DISH over Sling or other online offerings. Everything is in one place, you can record to easily retrieve the program, pause it etc. I think this is what DISH had in mind. It's not perfect but a good way to save money and not lose programming.

Also considering that the extra flex channels are in SD and others like Disney Jr, XD, TV Land which are in HD on other services. Yuck. Sorry I can't stand to watch any SD channels anymore.
Anything that's HD is HD in flex.

?????? Only channels currently only in SD on DISH are SD. Flex channels are not SD overall.....

Just got this in email from Dish:
"Your TV just got flexible with the DISH Flex Pack. With this revolutionary package, you can add or remove channel packs at any time. Add packages such as Kids Pack for channels like Disney Channel and Animal Planet when your family is in town or the Variety Pack with channels like Bravo and BET. If you don’t watch, don’t pay! Once you no longer need the channel pack, you can drop it. The Flex Pack is completely customizable and is only available from DISH."

Note that it says you can change the packs around at any time. I'm assuming that means that you don't have to wait 30 days so you don't incur a penalty charge. That's a big plus, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay