Dish IOS app seems worse than before the upgrade!

anonymouse99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I upgraded Dish iPhone app a few weeks ago and just started using it recently. The app feels slower and results of searches showed me events that display no channel or SD/HD information instead displaying these huge icons that take up a big chunk of real estate on the phone yet display nothing meaningful.

It also still wants you to toggle between display "recordings" or "timer" modes before it shows you information.

When I actually selected events to record, on all occasions it decided to select the SD version of the event for recording instead of HD.

Does Dish even solicit feedback on apps? It seems like I was using the app in "brain dead mode" :D

I have noticed more bugs with this version. Both on my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2. Seemed to work better before with the older version.

I don't know what the latest version is. Mine is V6.0.1. That's the one I am not having any issues with on the IPhone 6.

v6.0.1 on iPhone 5s. Just now I was using it and the app just disappeared. I had to restart it. I have not used it much but for example it shows "featured" and under it I see all these icons. I mean when you click on the icon it gives you more details but it would be nice to know the channel numbers somewhere on the icon. There are so many Dish channels and I can't keep the numbers straight. Many times I get that information and grab my remote to watch it, but then I have to figure out the channel number somehow.

Also, when I'm in the guide, I obviously see the channel number but when I click on the details of the program they don't show the number. I have to go back to the guide - too many little things that they sort of missed IMHO - they really need some experienced UI/UX folks to look at their apps before releasing them :D

I just tryed it, and the soup came up. Seems "The Soup" comes on multiple channels, so it wouldn't be in the event description. I had to click on the individual episodes and it showed me what the channel number that viewing was on. I'll screen shot of I can.

Notice it says it is on channel 114 for that viewing. The other one was esquire network.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 148

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)