Swapping 2nd TVs on 2 Vip 722k receivers

wjr14

Original poster
Mar 7, 2015
Pennsylvania
I have two 722k receivers, and both are wired the same. They are standard configuration where the Satellite signal comes into a diplexer, the in/out cable routes to in/out line on the diplexer at the receiver. On that end the Satellite connection goes into the receiver and the signal coming out from TV2 comes out of the receiver to the UHF/VHF connection on diplexer. The 2nd TV is fed from the UHF/VHF side of the remote diplexer. All works fine and has been for a number of years.

Now my issue. Due to some renovation, I simply want to change which receiver the 2nd TV's are being fed from. I assumed this would be as simple as swapping the lines on the VHF/UHF end of the diplexers in the attic and then changing the channel on the TV's (one uses channel 60, and the other 73), but this did not work.

I must be missing some step, but cannot seem to figure it out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks.

Did you change the channels on the TV or on the modulator setup pge on the receivers? If you did it on the tvs then it will be 21 and 116

I have two 722k receivers, and both are wired the same. They are standard configuration where the Satellite signal comes into a diplexer, the in/out cable routes to in/out line on the diplexer at the receiver. On that end the Satellite connection goes into the receiver and the signal coming out from TV2 comes out of the receiver to the UHF/VHF connection on diplexer. The 2nd TV is fed from the UHF/VHF side of the remote diplexer. All works fine and has been for a number of years.

Now my issue. Due to some renovation, I simply want to change which receiver the 2nd TV's are being fed from. I assumed this would be as simple as swapping the lines on the VHF/UHF end of the diplexers in the attic and then changing the channel on the TV's (one uses channel 60, and the other 73), but this did not work.

I must be missing some step, but cannot seem to figure it out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks.
The TV that you want on channel 60 you need to tune to over the air channels and the TV that you want to get channel 73 you must tune to cable channels.

Sent from my iPad using Chrome.

Reactions: TheKrell
The TV that you want on channel 60 you need to tune to over the air channels and the TV that you want to get channel 73 you must tune to cable channels.

Sent from my iPad using Chrome.

This was what I was missing, Thank you n0qcu. As soon as I saw your answer, I realized that was the piece I totally missed. Thank you.