Dish IR to UHF Pro

davepo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Fern Creek, KY
The add pinned to the front page shows a converter kit. Does anyone know if these are addressable ? I would like to get two of them and don't want interference.

Thanks Claude. I didn't know that product was available until it was pinned up front and I did try to search your site. It's Dish specific, but a nice product. I've got a next gen coming but will return it. Wife told me to buy an extra, so there you go. I think I bought a 4700 from you years ago.....alot of them.

Claude,

Does the UHF receiver have to be plugged into the receiver that you want to convert?

You either stick a small IR extender thingee to your receivers' IR "window", which is connected to the converter box via a wire OR you can just aim the box at the receiver from 20' or less. The kit comes with a power suplly and a stand for its' UHF antenna. Yer welcome.

Ed

Aw heck. I just bought one of these (from the Dishstore) about 2 weeks ago and paid $39.99! (do they have a 30 day price guarantee?)

According to the instructions, it has 2 addresses to avoid conflicts if you have two of these units in service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)