cant get 129

ourgangmn

Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
MN
Hello everyone, thanks for all the great info.
I live in southern MN and due to line of sight issues have a dish 500 with 2 dishes. One points at 110 & 119 and the second dish points at 129 for locals and hd. A week ago I took down that dish and unfortunately the azimuth and elevation settings got changed.... I reattached the dish (mast is plumb) but can't find sat 129 for the life of me! I can find 110 & 119 no problem. Any ideas out there? I know it is up and right of the other two, but I can't get any signal on the point dish screen for sat 129. (I've already froze my hands and backside off trying to aim this thing on a ladder in -15 degree windchills this week!!)

Let me rephrase that, I think it's up and right of the other sats.... but that's only what I read in a post. Using the 28 degrees listed in the Satellite Finder page didn't give me any hint of signal panning the 225 degree azimuth direction. Is this really that hard to find?

I dont know where exactly in Southern MN you are but me being in the Cities I took a stab and on the angle chart got these numbers for 129 in Mankato

28 elevation
225 azimuth.....basically SW
skew should be 90 since the dish is just a single satellite setup

so those numbers are right

What kind of LNB is on the 129 dish?

what I would do is run a cable from the 129 dish directly to the receiver if you can. Select in the menu (6-1-1)
129 satellite
transponder 17 to start...this is a CONUS TP and everyone can see it

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack a thread..... I was able to find sat 129 this afternoon, but signal never reached above 42. Is that common? My channels seem to all be available, but that seems like a low signal quality number. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)