cant get 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ourgangmn

Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
MN
Hello everyone, thanks for all the great info.
I live in southern MN and due to line of sight issues have a dish 500 with 2 dishes. One points at 110 & 119 and the second dish points at 129 for locals and hd. A week ago I took down that dish and unfortunately the azimuth and elevation settings got changed.... I reattached the dish (mast is plumb) but can't find sat 129 for the life of me! I can find 110 & 119 no problem. Any ideas out there? I know it is up and right of the other two, but I can't get any signal on the point dish screen for sat 129. (I've already froze my hands and backside off trying to aim this thing on a ladder in -15 degree windchills this week!!)

Let me rephrase that, I think it's up and right of the other sats.... but that's only what I read in a post. Using the 28 degrees listed in the Satellite Finder page didn't give me any hint of signal panning the 225 degree azimuth direction. Is this really that hard to find?

I dont know where exactly in Southern MN you are but me being in the Cities I took a stab and on the angle chart got these numbers for 129 in Mankato

28 elevation
225 azimuth.....basically SW
skew should be 90 since the dish is just a single satellite setup

so those numbers are right

What kind of LNB is on the 129 dish?

what I would do is run a cable from the 129 dish directly to the receiver if you can. Select in the menu (6-1-1)
129 satellite
transponder 17 to start...this is a CONUS TP and everyone can see it

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack a thread..... I was able to find sat 129 this afternoon, but signal never reached above 42. Is that common? My channels seem to all be available, but that seems like a low signal quality number. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)