DISH is back with (west) distant networks

Reactions: pattykay
From their web site:
*“Effective Monday November 20, 2017 Dish no longer carries CBS but is in active negotiations. Distant Network Service may be received only with a satellite antenna that is permanently attached to an RV or commercial truck. Additional restrictions apply. Proof of vehicle registration and other verification requirements apply.

From their web site:
*“Effective Monday November 20, 2017 Dish no longer carries CBS but is in active negotiations. Distant Network Service may be received only with a satellite antenna that is permanently attached to an RV or commercial truck. Additional restrictions apply. Proof of vehicle registration and other verification requirements apply.

Yes, but the other 3 nets don't appear on "The List" either anymore on 119 CONUS

Were they on "The List" before? I think that "The List" has not been updated since June, and according to the post you quoted earlier, the Distant Network Service started on July 6.

That makes sense then. I wonder, if someone "moves" to LA, does that also turn on the CONUS version of the LA locals or just the ones on the spotbeam...

That makes sense then. I wonder, if someone "moves" to LA, does that also turn on the CONUS version of the LA locals or just the ones on the spotbeam...

I've wondered that myself. I do have a Dish account on the "Welcome Pack" that my parents used occasionally with their camper. They've sold it now though so I was considering cancelling it outright. I might try to "move" to LA before I do just to see whether they work or not though.

They are all listed 119 on James Long's Uplink site (minus CBS of course right now)

2NqhXwkl.jpg

I've wondered that myself. I do have a Dish account on the "Welcome Pack" that my parents used occasionally with their camper. They've sold it now though so I was considering cancelling it outright. I might try to "move" to LA before I do just to see whether they work or not though.

They are all listed 119 on James Long's Uplink site (minus CBS of course right now)

2NqhXwkl.jpg

If you do, please post your results here

Why are distant networks even needed anymore? You can pretty much watch every show from all the major networks on demand.

Why are distant networks even needed anymore? You can pretty much watch every show from all the major networks on demand.

Sports
Local news cutting in
RV's or Truckers who want the same station wherever they are, partly for recording.
Because we should have the ability to get them anyway for a fee or some other compensation to the locals.
Same reason I have the Superstations - live newscasts from other areas, syndicated shows not being shown by my local channels.....
Did I mention just because we should be able to get them?

Sports
Local news cutting in
RV's or Truckers who want the same station wherever they are, partly for recording.
Because we should have the ability to get them anyway for a fee or some other compensation to the locals.
Same reason I have the Superstations - live newscasts from other areas, syndicated shows not being shown by my local channels.....
Did I mention just because we should be able to get them?

Dream: “The all new Dish Locals pack! Get all CONUS locals available in the US for only $25 per month! Plus national PBS in HD!”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)